Spark 2013 spark plug

*Unless you are having problems with the plugs...they should be good way past 100,000km....I would leave them be. Why? Because if they are good, no need to change them..does you car idle smoothly? Does it run well? Do you get about 6.5L per 100km when driving at 100kph on the highway? If yes..the plugs are good. If you have never changed plugs on a small plug threaded aluminum head, well, lets just say that it is very easy to crossthread and damage the head..without an expensive torque wrench you may tighten too much or not tight enough which will overheat that area of the head and warp it etc..If you don't own the correct socket, extender or torque wrench..(usually used for ppl who don't have the experience of torque by feel or turns when finger tight) well, the cost of the tools & plugs is more than a pro mechanic would charge you. Changing plugs are usually easy but these small diameter plugs are easy to crossthread and if you don't know what a crossthread 'first turn' feels like on soft aluminum thread, well, it is a costly mistake. Bottom line is if you have never done it and you are not mechanically inclined with no tools...take it to a trusted mechanic or even an experienced friend if you still feel you really need plugs...That is probably the best advise I can give you, but, if you still want to do it..here's a start:

http://www.familyhandyman.com/automotive/car-maintenance/how-to-replace-spark-plugs/view-all#step3

Any auto parts shop will find the correct plug and the gap you will need to adjust it to. Sorry for the lecture on plugs, but I thought you should have all the facts before you decide....'Nuff said...

• 3 weeks later...

Whow and whow and whow. What a GREAT answer. Thank you so much to have taken the time to explain everything. Even if I feel confortable in mechanic,

My Spark(Manual transmission) runs very well, idle is smooth and I get close to 6,5L/100km on the highway.

Where I live in Canada(outside Montreal), it's hot and humid in summer and very cold in winter. So far my Spark runs well so I will follow your advise and leave it as it is.

I have a condo in Dania Beach, Fl and would like to buy a used car with air conditionning. Would a Spark (Auto or manual transmission)be a good choice? Again thank you so much for your "Expert" advise and sorry for my spelling mistakes(I'm french Canadian).

You are most welcome Martial! We have a lot of French/English Canadian people here in the winter. As you know, the summers are hot and very humid here. I live about 50km south of Dania...beautiful area and you can take the $100 one or two day cruise to Freeport right from nearby Ft. Lauderdale...The Spark is great around here with the tight roads and parking and would be an excellent choice...Try for a Spark with manual tranny as they are cheaper..a used one same as yours would be quite cheap...$5K to $9K lots listed at private or dealer. Why not drive your own Spark down?..2.5 days at speed limit and roads are excellent all the way and your Spark should have A/C unless in Canada they don't come with A/C. If you get the 6.5L/100km in the Canadian cold, well, your car is in great shape since mileage decreases quite a bit in the cold..Remember to take the low CDN dollar into account..eh.'Nuff said..Right?

Before my Spark, I had a 2007 Pontiac Wave(no A/C) .2 years ago,it had about 185,000km,I drove it down at the condo in Dania.3months ago, I drove it back here for mecanical repairs. It is in very good mecanical and Body conditions and I gave it to my 18 year old grand son.My actual Spark has no A/C and I prefer to keep it here(I like so much driving it).I'm planning to spend a few days in Dania in the beginning of May and I will start to look around for a used Spark.You write "with manual tranny":it means manual transmission?I'm not familliar with how private people proceed aroud Dania.Do you have ann idea where they put their add?And you're right,Ineed to consider the rate exchange, so I'll look here and in Florida and also consider Tag and Insurance costs.Take care and Merci my friend.

• 2 weeks later...