2013 Spark, Manual, 5th Gear Rattle only under load??

Hey team,

I have a '13 Spark, and when shifting through gears 1-4, she shifts perfectly fine, super smooth, gears pull well, clutch is fine. When in 5th gear, it goes in, and pulls as much as it should, but under load there is a rattle. The rattle's pitch increases with speed. When on the highway and I left of the gas, it coasts perfectly smooth, the rattle is only there when I'm on the gas. I'm going to take a look at the trans fluid today and report back, but if anyone has some insight, let me know!

Thanks a ton,

Robby

Update: I changed the fluid and replaced with some good stuff, however the sound persists. I haven't found anything specific to Sparks, but something similar that I came around to was someone's video of a Mitsubishi trans making almost the exact same noise in 5th gear. Their video said that its a synchro ring/hub thing that's making the noise. They also said that it's not causing any damage, it's simply annoying.

If anyone has anything to chime in with, I'm all ears! For now I might do some research: swapping in a used tranny with less miles v.s. the cost of rebuilding my current tranny.

Thanks again!

Robby