17' spark new member..

hows it going fellow spark owners?

my name is Jose. i bought my spark brand new off the lot in march 2017. This little car has been a workhorse for me. I use it for work as a in-home estimator for a flooring company. In just a little over three years, this bad boy has 96000 miles. I've done most of the regular maintenance myself and have only had a couple of issues i couldnt take care of myself.  Hi-pressure hose in my AC system ruptured at about 80k miles (replacing hose and AC service and recharge  was roughly 400.00). The original cat also failed  and had to be replaced at 94000k miles (OEM part: 700.00 after core was returned, family's master mech only charged me 80.00 to replace). Besides that and the sometimes jumpy cvt transmission i have been thoroughly impressed. This little korean bowtie solider has exceeded all of my expectations.. 

I've decided to make this post to get advice from some of you grizzled vets.. My transmission fluid and filter are over-due for a change. the family mechanic told me to take it the dealership. has anybody had any experience doing this themselves. If its absolutely necessary, i will take it in but prefer not to deal with those sharks. If anyone can point me in the right direction or has any advice, i would greatly appreciate it. thanks