Welcome, Rocketsrgn

Hi Everybody,

I purchased my 2013 Spark in October, 2013 as a brand new 'leftover'. I have a 150 mile round-trip commute five days a week and currently have 107K+ miles.

Aside from the PCV valve and hood latch recalls, I have had no issues and couldn't be happier with my purchase! I drive in the Washington, DC area and I regularly get 48 MPG per tank. When I really try (nothing too outrageous), I have no problem getting 53 MPG or even better. Note: Speed limit is never more than 55 in this area and I try to hold steady around 58-60.

Change filter every 7.5K miles and oil every15K with Amsoil Signature Series 0W-20 full synthetic. Recently replaced original tires at 91K (never rotated). Just bought brake pads for the front today and discovered there is no jack or lug wrench. That's how/why I found this forum as this is the first negative I have encountered with this car. Otherwise...

I love this little car! I feel it is the best value vehicle I have ever purchased (been driving for 43 years so I've bought my share). The car is nimble and spry when I need or want it to be and I feel comfortable (six foot, 240 pounds) safe, and secure. Goes great in the snow too.

All in all, The perfect little commuter car for me.

Thanks!

Edited by Rocketsrgn