Clutch cable through firewall

Hi, I am Cape Town in South Africa

Bought a second-hand Chevy Spark last year - yes we live in South Africa - couldn't afford much more. Its a 2007 1.0 (get my information from other people as I am useless with cars, one daughter and son-in-laws are in the Motor Trade - So one Workshop Manageress and two mechanics by trade).

The clutch was adjusted about two months ago after going slack. It seemed fine until yesterday when I stopped at a shop and came out and had no clutch whatsoever.

Managed after turning car off to put into first, get into second and drive home albeit slowly about 4 Km's

Son-in-laws have had a look and say that the clutch cable has gone thru' firewall. They are both aware that on other vehicles a bracket was installed over firewall part that was worn and then the clutch worked again. Once you pull cable back towards engine, clutch pedal back up high again.

Can anybody throw any light on this or if you have a solution, please let me know. After a lot of phone calls to various workshops only one person agreed that their solution would most possibly work.

Yes we are a third world country but let me tell you, service in this part of the world has not improved and has actually gotten worse.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you