iOS eyes free integration problem

Hey everyone. I bought a 2013 Chevy Spark 1LT today (Salsa!) used from enterprise. It's my first car, and I found it after an extensive car search. Saw it on the enterprise car sales lot and thought it was so unique looking for its class and size of car. And all the features it comes with for its price tag blow the rest of the subcompact market out of the water. One of those features, one which I didn't even know about until I got the car home, is the Eyes Free integration with iOS's Siri. After discovering this feature in the online info chevy had on the car, I immediately went out to the car to test it out. I had already paired my phone for the Bluetooth features with the MyLink system. But... It won't work. I hold down the call button on the wheel to hail Siri. It brings up the phone call function on the MyLink screen but Siri does not come on. If I hail Siri on my phone itself while it's on Bluetooth it comes over the sound system in the car and I can use the voice commands from there. But for whatever reason the hail feature on the wheel itself will not work. I called chevy customer service but the representative there assured me my car did not have that feature. Considering the feature is in all the promotional material for the car I'm pretty sure that person just didn't know what they were talking about. So hopefully one of you can provide me some insight. I have an iPhone 5c with iOS 7.0.4 incase it matters.

Straight out of Chevy literature I found online, regarding Siri hands free.

Odds are if you bought a used Spark, its an early 2013, which means it likely needs this update.

Note:

Certain 2013 Spark and Sonic vehicles equipped with MyLink will require a simple no - charge radio software update in order to enable Siri functionality

Contact your Dealer ship Service Department to learn more or make an appointment.

Thank you Drip! I feel a little foolish I didn't find that myself with all the reading I did on this after encountering the issue. The initial title date was in July 2012 by enterprise so I suspect you're right. I'll let you know as soon as I get a chevy dealership to do the update. Thanks again!

Hi Sparktacular,

I just saw your message. I was out of the office for the holiday. In the future you can also send Chevrolet Customer Care a message right here on the forum. I am here to assist you with any or your vehicle questions or concerns. Please let me know if you are not able to get this issue resolved by sending me an email or a private message.

Jackie

Chevrolet Customer Care

socialmedia@gm.com

Edited by Chevrolet Customer Care

Thank you Jackie, I appreciate that.

The issue was resolved when I took the car in to Galles Chevrolet in Albuquerque - I highly recommend them to any other Spark owners in the Abq area after today. Their are two other Chevy dealerships in town that I tried first and both were clueless, not just about my issue but about Sparks in general. Dunno if they just don't have experience with the car yet or what, but Galles knew about the update right away.

Thanks again for the help Drip!

• 3 weeks later...

I've had the same issue with mine! According to my VIN, it's an early 2013 model, which means it was probably made in 2012. I have an iPhone5. I called the Infotainment Customer Service line, they said they'd have to research it and get back to me. She said it just might not be a feature that's offered on my particular model. I took it to the dealer first for the update, and they said they don't know why the update didn't take care of the Siri issue. This makes me very upset, because that feature is one of the main reasons I bought the car! I loved the Spark for its size and styling, but mostly for the technology it offered. If I had known this would be an issue, I would have spent a few thousand more and got the 2014 model that has all that the Chevy website promised, plus supposed to come with 5yrs of the OnStar Keyfob Services app on my iPhone. Hopefully the Infotainment people can come up with a solution :-(