Swapping a 2013 spark 4 speed automatic transmission into 2014 spark cvt will it work

I'm trying to find information about trying to put a 2013 4 speed automatic transmission into a 2014 spark with cvt transmission.  What all would I need to change to do the swap .  I believe it would be worth doing since I've never heard of a 2013 spark transmission having many issues unlike the 2014 and newer sparks with cvt they all seem to go out at some point they are ticking time bombs basically.  I have a complete 2013 so I have all the parts that maybe needed if it's possible please let me know if you have any information on this idea thanks

• 2 weeks later...

not possible due to the different mating points. I do agree that the CV tees don’t last long, although I have one in my 2022 spark. I used to have a 2013. And it was extremely reliable in all areas and lasted me 167,000 mi. Oh and finally got rid of it to buy the 2022 unit with Cvt. not too many miles on it, and it runs extremely well and even drove it for a long stretch at 130mph.

cvt’s usually last about 100,000 km but if you change the transmission fluid every 40 to 50,000 miles it can go on much longer. The 2014 units had a lot of issues most of which are fixed as of now.