Hi from the UK

Hi I'm Jools, I currently drive a Yaris T Sport,but I'm in the process

of looking around for a Chevy Spark...If anyone can give me some pointers on what to look out for and any info all would be appreciated.Here is a pic if my Yaris

tD1NHly.jpg

Edited by jools

Hi, and welcome. Being you are from the other side of the pond, :) it would be tough to give you much advice, as far as purchasing. I believe these cars have different specs in different markets. We do have some people here from the European continent, and I'm sure when they see this post they will give you some pointers. I can only offer some universal advice, shop around and get the best price. Outside of that, you hit the correct forum, there are a lot of good knowledgable people here, who are always willing to help and share. By the way, that is a sharp little Yaris youve got there, I particularly like that blue.

Edited by WaltK

Thanks for the comments....Just have a couple of things left to do on him

Waiting for some Angel projector headlights and a front lip.Then he's completed.Will be keeping the Yaris but looking forward to getting my hands on one of these funky, fun looking cars.

Riverspark...I was thinking of changing the wheels.

WaltK..

The spec I'm looking at getting here is the LT 1.2...It comes with alloy wheels, front spotlights, roof bars and sure it has body kit.Where in the US are you from. :-)

Been looking at aftermarket products for the Spark but don't seem to be much over here.I already have plans in my head of the modification I'd like to carry out.

A pic of the LT model...not sure if it's called the LT over the pond.

sNITxMP.jpg

Edited by jools

Just come back from looking at a Silver 1.2 LT, but had been a smoked in....so back on the back to the drawing board.Quite fancy Black and doing, adding bits of red to the body work...i.e spoiler, front lip, rear bit under the reg plate and maybe even the skirts,mirror casings and round the spots(the chrome ring bits).Or White/red.

Edited by jools

Yep, that appears to be a 2LT, with the roof rails, and the fog lights, although the rims are stock Spark, not the ones that come with the 2LT. You can go over to the Chevy.com web site, they show comparisons between the different models. There is not a whole lot available here either as far as aftermarket. A lot of the people on the forum are pretty inventive though, and have come up with some cool ideas, have a look around. I am from New Jersey, a few miles from the George Washington bridge, right over the river from New York City.

Never been to New Jersey....have been to a few places....Am a big country music fan..so travel for concerts to be honest anything American really.Love the place and the folks....a different outlook to life.Much better than over here.

There are lots of these cars about at the mo second hand as they have been out here for nearly 3 years now. I would advise to get as new a model as possible as most of the niggles and rattles have been worked out of them. White seems to be the rarest colour over here in the UK with the blue and green being very popular. I would deffo advise getting the LT. The interiors are pretty much all the same style and spec, with most of the differences being on the bodykits and fog lights.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="jools" data-cid="4905" data-time="1366803653"><p>

Never been to New Jersey....have been to a few places....Am a big country music fan..so travel for concerts to be honest anything American really.Love the place and the folks....a different outlook to life.Much better than over here.</p></blockquote>

Have you been to Austin, TX? Many visitors from your country visit during our music festivals, South by Southwest and Austin City Limits. I like how the alloys look on your version instead of our generic looking ones with the bowtie, it looks too much like the wheels used on other Chevrolet cars. Our engines are bored out to 1.25L, and our gear ratios are different, but otherwise much the same car. GM says they also changed the rear suspension dampening to make it handle better at higher speeds. I wish we had the underseat storage in addition to the glove box.

^^^^^Hi Ya, never been to the festivals but have visited areas of Texas....cracking place Austin being one of them.I tend to get over every other year...once I have saved my pennies..lol.I combine my hols with a couple of concerts.

I'm all new to the Chevy Spark scene,so trying to gain as much info on theses little beauties.I have tried to find something I don't like about them, but as of yet...the continue to tick all the right boxes.

As for my Yaris....I've had the aftermarket alloys on for 9 yrs and whilst looking at parts for the Spark I noticed they do a similar style wheel for the Spark.Do they have T Sports in America??? Or are the classed has Vitz??? Would like to know.

Rang a couple of Chevy dealers this morning, to find out there is also a LTZ model, which is classed as the top spec model,with fabric/leatherette seats and a couple of additional extras to the LT(not sure what this model is over the pond)and also found they do a tastey bodykit...:-)

Would also like to say,what a great forum and little community this is.Everyone so friendly and welcoming.So much better tham the Yaris Forum,where there seems to be so much bickering between members.It's also full of great info and facts.Whoever it is runs this forum...you're doing a great job.Thanks all for making me feel so welcome.

Edited by jools

The LTZ is top of the line on certain model Chevys, including th Sonic. The 2LT is the top model on the Spark, with a few options being available. Black paint is $225, roof crossbars, side mouldings, and a few other accessories, that are grossly overpriced.

300k crickey..that's some mileage.He must take good care of it.I got mine new in 2002 and I've only put just over 20,000 miles on it.But that could be because he was tucked up in the garage best part of his life,due to me working overseas.Though now I'm home now it's starting to add up.

Edited by jools
My friend just keeps up with the recommended maintenance schedule, he drives nearly all hwy miles, 50 miles each way to work and then some more for his business. I wonder if any of these cars will last that long?

Hopefully they do (if it dies down the road I will bring it back to life), I really love the Spark :D

Well, I think the engine was designed by Opel, which maybe a good thing, but I'm unfamiliar with that GM division. I do know in Europe, they have more competition from brands well known for long lasting durability. A relative of a coworker bought a Spark in Mexico City two years ago and loves it, no problems, so I decided to take a chance and buy one myself. I thought I'd never return to the brand after terrible luck with a Park Avenue (yes, I loved Buicks) and a Impala, but it appears GM improved after the bailout, and this car was imported.

Edited by austex04