title got you fellow spark owners nervous ... So I went to the dealership took a mechanic out... let him know I'm not a young jit driving this lil car cuz I'm cheap. I showed him I know how to properly drive a stock etc. Took him for a ride... got it to do the 2nd to 5th grind AND for a scenario..

cruising.. light goes red.. clutch it and put it in Neutral (like everyone else in the world don't argue) ... light goes green.. you put it in the proper gear per your MPH... lets say .. 5th? GRIND.... even with a pre-rev (although you shouldn't have to anyway)

so She is going in on tuesday. trans gonna be dropped and take a look at the 5th gear synchro.... whether it be Taboo or not to skip gears it SHOULDN'T grind with 1300 miles.... AND the 2nd scenario ISN'T bad AND I test drove another one on the lot that DIDN'T do it. So mine is different. Pictures of the girl all cleaned up for a car meet tonight though.

http://www.chevrolet.com/owners/warranty.html

Seems like they only warrant the sheetmeal bullshit... If they won't warranty I'm going to freak on them about drilling my front fucking grill ..cuz right now I'm not bugging about it.. however if they don't warrant the exhaust I will make them do me a new grill and I will ceramic coat my whole system from header to muffler.

Should be getting my car back today if they try and blame this shit on me. Then I will be getting rid of this car I don't care and I'm a diehard chevy boy but this will be a final straw for me.

Edited by 70-yenko-nova

Its unfortunate, because I really do like almost everything about the Spark; style, size, amenities, gas mileage, and ultimately the price. If I do get one, I'll have to get it rustproofed immediately. How much does that usually go for?

Edited by Trancer07
My exhaust area too is rusty, only had it for like 2 weeks! Sitting at 1800 miles right now O.o

Is it a scaly rust, or just a discoloration? After all, this is steel, not stainless steel, it begins to rust the minute it hits the air, that's what it is supposed to do. I've looked at mine, and there is a little discoloration, nothing to get excited about. When it gets to the point of perforating, then I will be concerned. And if it was to happen prematurely, within 3 yrs., then the bumper to bumper, will cover it.

axle is one thing... were talking about tiny thin metal and welds.... all the cars in my driveway have been in missouri for 2+ winters... exhaust is BARELY if at all rusted. remember everyone this car is 78% korean built.. bottom dollar.

And thats what we all paid, bottom dollar. From what i've seen in your picture, that is normal, nothing at all to worry about. The only ones that stay fairly clean, are the stainless steel pipes, ceramic mufflers, were not getting that for what we paid. They are available aftermarket. Don't look for problems, they will get here soon enough. ;)

axle is one thing... were talking about tiny thin metal and welds.... all the cars in my driveway have been in missouri for 2+ winters... exhaust is BARELY if at all rusted. remember everyone this car is 78% korean built.. bottom dollar.

Then you knew what you were getting into, bottom dollar.

There is a differance between bottom dollar and cheap piece of shit... I don't think the Spark is a POS however.. I've seen some "reasonably priced cars" do pretty fuckin good.. these things.... If it rusts a hole in the cat or muffler...weeeeellllll who's issue is that. Like I said I don't mind coating it myself... if it ever does rust through or something like that and a part NEEDS to be replaced on the exhuast... I might talk to my dealership and see if they will let me ceramic it so I don't have to worry about rusting through naymore.. becuase I'm sure they don't want me coming there twice a year for new mufflers and/or piping.

UPDATE!!! ... Got call .. Took my loaner Malibu in ( I can give reviews on 2012 Malibu and 2013 Buick lacrosse if anyone wants...those have been my loaner) ...

Rather then rebuild my trans they are just ordered me New one (tried to convince them to get me a cobalt SS 6 speed they said no) it'll be here in 5 days n I'll take it back then.