I live in Austin, TX, our toll road just east of the city has a 85mph limit, rural interstates are 75mph, except for interstate 10 in west TX where it's 80mph. I have taken mine to 80mph, it handles good at those speeds, but fuel mileage suffers big time. Texas is so huge and boring, you want to get elsewhere fast, lol. Btw, going up any incline at that speed requires foot to the floor, these are city cars with only 84hp, and weigh a heavy 2300lbs, since so much mandated safety equipment is on the American version.

Edited by austex04

Over here in the UK it's 70mph, but I think 70 is far to slow and should ne hired a tad.That limit was set in the 60's when the average car would be flat out at that speed with drum brakes all round,no airbags and a 4 speed gear box.Most people over here hit 80-85 on the motorway,so if they were to higher it to say 80/85,then they would probs concentrate more on their driving rather than looking for the Police laying in wait at the side of the road to pull them over for speeding.They seem to do a very good job of it on the Autobahn over in Germany.