• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Make mine in stainless steel please.

Korea Auto Imports has a DSpec kit for $615 shipped in stainless Torcon make sone as well, but I don't speak Korean.

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I left the pre cat muffler on and removed the post cat muffler and it sounds good and still meets requirement where I live.

The last time I had it at the dealer they said I might void the warranty because there is not enough back pressure.... My response was, this isnt a low compression engine is it? Why should it matter?

• 2 weeks later...

Any excuse they can use to deny a claim, pretty sure my driving lights will give the same response if I have an over heating problem. It's all crap!

They already made me remove the inverter I had installed because they threatened to void my warranty. Such a load... BUT for the time being I NEED the warranty until they fix my issues.

No, it's not! It depends on how the catalyst is designed because the lack of time spent in the cat can cause emissions to fail. Lack of back pressure can also decrease low RPM torque, depending on the engine design. It's not all about noise, there are real reasons a proper exhaust may be designed to have some back pressure.

Um no. Its been proven if backpressure is measured a loss is also found compared to none. If you optimise an exhaust for low rpm part throttle performance, then you typically get backpressure at top end wot with diminishing results. Vise-versa...optimal exhaust for top end wot power usually dulls he low end part throttle response and power. Proven from 4bangers to big v8s. When the exhaust is ideal for a given point a measurable vacuum can be measured. That vacuum is VERY disireable. Whish is why headers with merge collectors make much better power over a wider power band then simple old skool headers with the primaries dumped into a large common collector. That merge scavenges the primaries at a higher rate creating the vacuum which in turn helps pull in a larger, fresher air/fuel charge during valve overlap.

To put it simple, do you run faster with a headwind or a tailwind?

No, it's not! It depends on how the catalyst is designed because the lack of time spent in the cat can cause emissions to fail. Lack of back pressure can also decrease low RPM torque, depending on the engine design. It's not all about noise, there are real reasons a proper exhaust may be designed to have some back pressure.

While I agree, the reasons they gave for me needing it was BS. They said I could actually damage my engine. They couldnt give me a valid part or parts it could damage. it was one of those, well its because we say so kind of things. I no longer go to that dealership, I will be talking with the new dealership I am going to about exhausts and removing the resonator.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

old thread but here my 2cents, I just stopped by my local muffler shop, they had worked on my Mustang and did a complete work on catback system, now with the spark they suggested taking of the resonator only and I have 3 muffler to try on

Thrush

Flowmaster

Borla

Will do this soon a will put a small video of them, the shop will doe the complete job for $300, all new pipe, aluminized pipes with all put in ass factory clean

old thread but here my 2cents, I just stopped by my local muffler shop, they had worked on my Mustang and did a complete work on catback system, now with the spark they suggested taking of the resonator only and I have 3 muffler to try on

Thrush

Flowmaster

Borla

Will do this soon a will put a small video of them, the shop will doe the complete job for $300, all new pipe, aluminized pipes with all put in ass factory clean

looking forward to it.
  • 4 months later...

Made the vid with my phone so the sounds not the greatest.....

th_2013-10-15_10-49-10_429_zps15e0e0b7.j

Hey tommy what muffler do you have on in this video.. love the sound.. I want to put something loud but keep a deep tone .. which hard to do on these small engines.. thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...

Had a Magnaflow model 11225 stainless oval muffler installed today on my 2015 1LT. Straight thru design and sounds great, actually pretty quiet. This is sorta like having your cake and eating it too. Straight thru but not LOUD and looks like original as well, all except a 2.25 inch turned down end (instead of 1.5 in.) that is barely visible. Still have the rest of the original stainless exhaust system. I could not be happier. :headspin:

Nice I had some bootleg flowmaster installed on mine (brand I dont know I asked what it was and they just said its like a flowmaster, same design) sounds freakin sweet! low deep tone, kinda like a performance engine.. its near silent when idling which is nice but gets real loud when need be..

also little bit of info our engines have an RPM limiter on them when reving in park cut.. off at 3000 rpm