• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Make mine in stainless steel please.

Korea Auto Imports has a DSpec kit for $615 shipped in stainless Torcon make sone as well, but I don't speak Korean.

Posted Images

First vid worked for me. Sounds pretty loud. You should do a flyby vid.

The day after we got ours I unbolted the muffler...definetly wasnt that loud. The muffler I have on ours now is deeper and a little mellower on the outside. On the inside it booms a little...but she likes it.

Talked to my exhaust guy this morning. I'm going to put a magnaflow muffler on it. It will be a straight through design, but will quiet it down right to where it should be.... the tip will still come out where it does......

I'm keeping it the same way over winter time. With the gas numbers I'm reading I don' want to touch it until it warms back up.

I'm currently looking into deleting the center muffler/resonator assembly totally - then increasing the pipe to 1-3/4" just after stock catalytic converter & running stainless (adapter & tubing from (Veracious Motorsports) back to a Magnaflow 11133 oval muffler which is basically the same size & shape as the stocker. Will keep outlet style as-is since LS rear end doesn't have the cut-out hole like the LT's... Looking for a muffler shop close that does mandrel bending right now. Not looking for any real performance gains, just want a little better sound - I like to hear the car as I drive it.

Is that a straight through muffler? I ask because in case you didn't see my post, compared to our other Spark, I honestly noticed an increase in power with my exhaust. We also used 1.75" piping but my shop doesn't have a mandrel bender...... I wanted mine coming out of the center just to make it unique. Everyone else that does an exhaust will have it coming out the left side of the bumper.

No doubt about it, I'm putting either a muffler or resonator back on it after winter time. It's a little too loud for me. It will still exit where it does though.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going with a Magnaflow muffler. Shop is going to take measurements of the exhaust and they are going to work with me on making a muffler set-up. I just need to schedule the appointment. Nothing fancy. Just a different muffler and a tip to finish it off.

I just hope the Magnaflow isn't TOO quiet. My Sunfire had a decent muffler replace with a Magnaflow and it sounded pretty good.

(Rev)

(Fly By)

I hope the Spark will sound just as good lol! Who knows though with this little motor!

Edited by Hobo1
  • 1 month later...