I know I can check the oil life on the OnStar app, but isn't there a way to check it in the car?

According to the owner's manual, if you press the menu button, you are supposed to be able to see it in the DIC.

I musta pressed that button a thousand times, and I still can't see any oil life reading.

If it makes a difference I have the MyStink... er I mean MyLink radio. :)

Has anyone but me had a problem with the A/C not cooling off the interior of the car?

The air comes out cold, but the car stays warm.

I drove over an hour in 85 degree weather with the A/C on high and recirculation, and my left hand got cold from the vent, but my body was still warm.

When I went to the dealer for an oil change (I got free oil changes for life) they looked at it and said nothing was wrong, so I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem.

In my last car (Chevy HHR), I would have to lower the air within a couple of blocks because it would get too cold.

Being in Hell's waiting room (Florida), it is important that the air works well.

I know I can check the oil life on the OnStar app, but isn't there a way to check it in the car?

According to the owner's manual, if you press the menu button, you are supposed to be able to see it in the DIC.

I musta pressed that button a thousand times, and I still can't see any oil life reading.

If you hit the Menu button it will cycle through the parts of the display: It will flash the trip/odometer part of the display (upper), the mpg/speed part (lower), or it will flash "units" or something. When Units is flashing, use the up/down arrows to get to the oil life display. :shift:

The A/C I can't help with. It's barely been warm enough to lower the windows here.

When I press the menu button the odo flashes, next press the MPG flashes, press again and the odo flashes again.

I tried pressing menu both fast and slow, but the same thing happens.

It's a vicious cycle! :):banghead:

Press the menu button till the one you want flashes. Then press the up or down arrow to cycle thru all the options.

Yes, there are other people that have complained about the AC. Mine seems to blow cold then cool, then cold then cool over and over. It really struggles to keep it even cool. I also live in Florida and its only going to get worse as the summer comes.

Press the menu button till the one you want flashes. Then press the up or down arrow to cycle thru all the options.

Yes, there are other people that have complained about the AC. Mine seems to blow cold then cool, then cold then cool over and over. It really struggles to keep it even cool. I also live in Florida and its only going to get worse as the summer comes.

When I use the arrows I get odo/tripA/tripB or I get overall mpg/current mpg/miles to empty/trip timer. No units or anything else.

The owners manual says that not all vehicles have all options, so I was wondering if maybe it doesn't show on the 1LT Auto.

I am not going to be a happy camper if the air gets any worse. I may have to try to keep bringing it it for the a/c and see if I can get it declared a lemon. I refuse to be in a $15,000 sweat box!

Where is the tire learn function? On the LS model it is between the odometer and the MPG settings like described, but on an LT with MyLink it might be in a menu on the radio.

From what I see in the owners manual, there is nothing for oil in the settings on the radio.

Since it seems that I am missing an entire menu (the tire learning, oil life, and ability to change the display) I will have to check it out in detail tomorrow (later today) and see if I can figure it out.

If not, it looks like I'll be going back to the stealership again!

I just went out and did mine. Here's how. You press the menu button 3 times or 2 times depending on if the top flashes or the bottom. But on mine it was 3, the third press shows Reset on top and the percent on the bottom. So if you keep pressing the menu button it cycles top, bottom, and oil reset which shows the life remaining also.

Since I did tire learn last, mine shows tire learn when I scroll through the choices, the other one you might see is "Units" to change from mpg to KPG or maybe KPL and also changes the all other parts from miles to kilometers.

I finally figured out why I couldn't find the other menu with the oil life.

It seems that you can only access the menu when the car is in park - not while sitting at a light!

I just tried it with the car sitting in my driveway, and the first press of the menu button showed me the oil life.

When I started the car it still worked (cycled through all the menus), but when I put it in drive it would only cycle through the odo and MPG menus.

About how many miles till a oil change- I've been reading 6,000 miles-IS that right?

According to the owners manual, you are supposed to change the oil within 600 miles of when a "code 82" appears in the DIC, or once a year. But it also says that if the oil life display is accidentally reset, you should have the oil changed 3,000 miles from the last service!

The actual maintainence schedule says that the oil should be changed every 7,500 miles.

According to my dealer, the oil should be changed every 5,000 miles or every 6 months whichever comes first.

Since my dealer gave me free oil changes for as long as I own the car, I lean more towards their numbers since it is costing them money to do it more often than recommended.

If it makes a difference I have the MyStink... er I mean MyLink radio. :)

Has anyone but me had a problem with the A/C not cooling off the interior of the car?

The air comes out cold, but the car stays warm.

I drove over an hour in 85 degree weather with the A/C on high and recirculation, and my left hand got cold from the vent, but my body was still warm.

When I went to the dealer for an oil change (I got free oil changes for life) they looked at it and said nothing was wrong, so I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem.

In my last car (Chevy HHR), I would have to lower the air within a couple of blocks because it would get too cold.

Being in Hell's waiting room (Florida), it is important that the air works well.

I have noticed after using my AC and turning off my Spark I get a high pitched sound under the hood that lasts for less than 1 minute. I have now narrowed it down to the AC compressor. Maybe this has something to due with mine and a few others with the air being cold, cool, cold, cool over and over. The compressor does not cycle but always runs so its not due to cycling.

I've read a few postings where some people are complaining about air conditioning issues, just as Sparky described above. I am about a month away from actually needing it, I hope this is not going to turn into another barrel of laughs. It was bad enough when they banned the R12, the 134 doesn't cool anywhere near as good as the 12 did. Chevy claims the Spark cycles quickly by design, for the sake of economy, so they have their bull s**t story ready. :violin: I don't want a cold hand, I want the whole package.

I've read a few postings where some people are complaining about air conditioning issues, just as Sparky described above. I am about a month away from actually needing it, I hope this is not going to turn into another barrel of laughs. It was bad enough when they banned the R12, the 134 doesn't cool anywhere near as good as the 12 did. Chevy claims the Spark cycles quickly by design, for the sake of economy, so they have their bull s**t story ready. :violin: I don't want a cold hand, I want the whole package.

I just started using my AC in the past few weeks. I also just got my Spark tinted to try and help the problem.

I guess I am going to look into tint also, particularly on a black car. Jersey laws don't allow any % of tint on the front windows at all, and they do actively enforce the law. The only windows I could legally tint would be the rear doors, and the hatch. Fortunately, we are swimming in tint & rim dealers, I'll stop at a few places and feel out some of these guys, and go for a light tint on the front doors.

I have noticed after using my AC and turning off my Spark I get a high pitched sound under the hood that lasts for less than 1 minute. I have now narrowed it down to the AC compressor. Maybe this has something to due with mine and a few others with the air being cold, cool, cold, cool over and over. The compressor does not cycle but always runs so its not due to cycling.
Since I always have the radio (and the a/c) on, I haven't noticed any kind of whine when shutting down. I will have to remember to shut the radio off before I shut the car down and see if I get any noises.

I have noticed that when I'm driving and I take my foot off the gas to make a turn the a/c gets considerably warmer.

Next time I go to the dealer I'll have to see if I can get a mechanic or service writer to take a ride.

Oh, and my Spark has tinted windows and it doesn't seem to help any.

Edited by Otay Sparky
Since I always have the radio (and the a/c) on, I haven't noticed any kind of whine when shutting down. I will have to remember to shut the radio off before I shut the car down and see if I get any noises.

I have noticed that when I'm driving and I take my foot off the gas to make a turn the a/c gets considerably warmer.

Next time I go to the dealer I'll have to see if I can get a mechanic or service writer to take a ride.

Oh, and my Spark has tinted windows and it doesn't seem to help any.

It's not right after you shut it off. I noticed it one day when I came home and just started to wash the Spark. Anywhere from 3 to 10 minutes after its shut off. It will be a high pitch noise that will start soft and get louder then fade out and off. Maybe lasts no more than 1 minute. Last night I waited around for it to happen. I wanted to go watch tv so I closed the hood and walked away and started to hear it. By the time I opened the door pop the hood and got my phone to record the sound faded out. It sounds like someone letting the air out of a ballon slowly, that annoying high pitch.

I guess I am going to look into tint also, particularly on a black car. Jersey laws don't allow any % of tint on the front windows at all, and they do actively enforce the law. The only windows I could legally tint would be the rear doors, and the hatch. Fortunately, we are swimming in tint & rim dealers, I'll stop at a few places and feel out some of these guys, and go for a light tint on the front doors.

Here in Florida they tend to leave you alone. If you are looking for heat reduction get what I have, Llumar CTX. It ceramic and comes in all shades. You could do the backs in something dark but not too dark like 30%. Then do the front 2 in the air blue 80 tint. This will block the heat like 15% standard tint. I'm going to put this on my front windshield. It is basically clear. Here is the PDF of their tints:

http://www.llumar.com/pdf/en/LLumarAutoSpecsUS.pdf

It's not right after you shut it off. I noticed it one day when I came home and just started to wash the Spark. Anywhere from 3 to 10 minutes after its shut off. It will be a high pitch noise that will start soft and get louder then fade out and off. Maybe lasts no more than 1 minute. Last night I waited around for it to happen. I wanted to go watch tv so I closed the hood and walked away and started to hear it. By the time I opened the door pop the hood and got my phone to record the sound faded out. It sounds like someone letting the air out of a ballon slowly, that annoying high pitch.

Air purging? I don't think it should be that loud. As the weather warms, more people will be using the a/c, and we can get to find out whats normal, and whats not. Thanks for the pdf, I am going to look into it.