I have a 2013 Lt1 spark. I've have a noise coming from the rear of the car. Can't seem to put my finger on it.

I've looked under the rear looking for something that might be loose but can't find a thing.

It seems to come from both sides of the rear of the car when cornering. Could it be the counter weight/latch

for the rear seat belts? Are they located in the 'C' post?

Any ideas??

thanks

I have the same car but not the sound. Nothing rolling around right? Are the back seats completely latched? How about the base of the back seats? Are your seatbelts tucked under the backseats? Have you done any mods?

Do you have both pieces of foam in the spare tire well and are the tools properly stuffed into their spots to prevent them from moving? There shouldn't be anything else moving around back there unless the suspension has a problem.

:hysterical:

I just got an email from Chevy Korea. It states that one of the Chevy factory workers left his 14mm socket in someone's Spark and he wants it back. Can anyone help him out? JK, I hope you can find the culprit.

I think you may be on to something Greg. Went to dealer today. Mentioned possibility of spring mounts, shock mounts or maybe trailing arm bushings.

The mechanics are scratching they're (you know whats) too!. They have it on the rack. We'll see whats next..

• 2 weeks later...

Well the dealer can't seem to find it either. My next suggestion is to spray all the rear suspension parts with sylicone.

This noise is only heard when cornering. Both right and left hand turns. Any ideas?

P.S. I wish it was that 14mm socket!!

Have you tried taking the foam, compresser, everything out of the back? Are the seats latched, the seatbelts and buckles in their place (usable)?. I thought mine had a clunk, until I took the belt buckles from under the rear seat cushions, the noise went away.

• 2 weeks later...

FOUND IT!!!!! No thanks to the dealer...

Defective rear seat latch. Put both rear seats down the other day for extra cargo space.

Noticed the clunking sound was gone. Put them back in place and the sound was back.

Took service manager for a ride both ways (seats down and back up). They made the fix.

No other strange sounds to report at this time. :salute:

Great! those annoying clunks and rattles in a new car, can really drive you up a wall. I keep a few things in the glove compartment, tire gauge, couple of pens, small flashlight, etc. I keep it all wrapped, and isolated from each other, to avoid rattles, a habit from way back. :)

Great! those annoying clunks and rattles in a new car, can really drive you up a wall. I keep a few things in the glove compartment, tire gauge, couple of pens, small flashlight, etc. I keep it all wrapped, and isolated from each other, to avoid rattles, a habit from way back. :)

I had a clunk in my Focus (when it was new) only when taking off from a stoplight or stopping.

Had it for 3 or 4 months before I found out that it was the ball from a trackball mouse!