I took a first shot at wrapping with vinyl and it didn't turn out too shabby. If you look close you can see imperfections, but all in all, I'm pleased with my amature attempt. I'm going to do the top, mirrors, emblem, and the hatch as well!

Material is ORACAL 970RA Matte Black

IMAG0475_zps87c8116f.jpg

Edited by TheMission

I got a mirror done today, plus my gas cap and super sticker - I like it a lot. The mirror cover should have been matte.

IMAG0485_zpsedbc3d93.jpg

IMAG0487_zps225ff74e.jpg

Bad news for the emblem. I wanted to debadge the back or run the Holden Emblem, but it's not going to happen. IF you look closely in the pick, the paint has a small lift in it where the emblem was and it shows through the vinyl. Anything but the original logo would look weird.

IMAG0483_zpsd88a0566.jpg

I thought about that look, but you'd have to have a plotter to cut the vinyl that way and it'd be really hard to apply. You really don't want to cut a razor down the body line on top of the paint.

It'd be a cakewalk to do with plasti-dip or with real paint in the HPLV setup.

It'd be my suggestion if you wanted to do the full grill/logo/body lines to spray it, as it would be very difficult to wrap and look good comparatively.

Plastidip is removable and looks very similiar to the vinyl, but it takes experience to get it to lay well.

I wish my rear paint looked like that, but they must have screwed up on the clearcoat. It is not smooth at all around the badge and you can see it both with or without vinyl on. Your Spark has a totally smooth paint surface around the holden emblem that is very different than mine.... SADLY.

I think you could run the holden emblem on top of the wrap and itd look fine. would hide those holes/bends anyways.

gVgkC2L.jpg

I took a first shot at wrapping with vinyl and it didn't turn out too shabby. If you look close you can see imperfections, but all in all, I'm pleased with my amature attempt. I'm going to do the top, mirrors, emblem, and the hatch as well!

Material is ORACAL 970RA Matte Black

IMAG0475_zps87c8116f.jpg

Very cool. :rockon: The great part about wraps is that you can simply take it off when you want to change it to something else with the high cost of paint. Oracal makes some great material, which is used by virtually all major companies. I think they are from Germany.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...