I do have a few pets, all of which I love, however I have a special place for my cat Dewey......the back story of him; we adopted him when he was about four months from a city shelter and we were told that he was an owner surrender and had been hit by a car (I think otherwise, I feel whoever had him may have done it). The injuries to his back right leg were so severe that they were unable to save it and therefore had to have it amputated, he has turned into such a great cat :)

post-516-0-78726100-1365204163_thumb.jpg

We have one female cat that is 16 years old. Her brother had to be put down 5 years ago. As soon as she passes on we will again adopt 2 more. Cats are the best and easiest to take care of. The greatest thing is when they want love they will be there and when they don't they have their own agenda.

We right now just have one black lab. Name is Jack, He is about 5 years old now, other than that we had 3 stray cats that stay around the house but we feed them cat food everynight and made a shelter box for them that we left on our porch but we found one of the stray one's that we called "Wild Thing" passed away tonight in his box house. But other than that, just the lab for now. :) My next mission is either a Ferret or a Sugar Glider. :D

We have a chocolate Labradoodle called Dougal.

That's a real cute dog. :) I had a pure bred German Sheperd that I received as a gift, actually I didn't even want him. That dog grew on me, like a fungus. I had him for 12 yrs. and the years finally caught up with him. I spent a small fortune on vet bills trying to keep him going, finally the vet sat me down, and spoke to me like a dutch uncle, telling me that we had to put him down. I couldn't even talk for a few weeks, it was hard. I really love dogs, but i wouldn't want to experience that kind of pain again. I would never have believed the attachment a person can develop for an animal.

This is Happy, my 11 year old Yorkie mix and he was rather interested in the back of the Spark so I let him explore while I was taking the picture :) And no he doesn't ride back there, if he rides in my car I bought him a carrier so he doesn't jump all over the place...plus it's safer :)

post-516-0-62181700-1365387427_thumb.jpg

post-516-0-03311600-1365387488_thumb.jpg

Edited by Riverspark

This is Happy, my 11 year old Yorkie mix and he was rather interested in the back of the Spark so I let him explore while I was taking the picture :) And no he doesn't ride back there, if he rides in my car I bought him a carrier so he doesn't jump all over the place...plus it's safer :)

That's awesome pictures, cute!

Edited by bluer101
  • 2 weeks later...

OMG! Dewey looks so much like my kitten Bella, that I found in the middle of a hwy last August. She was only 5 weeks old, and lost her mother. I took her to the vet to make sure she was healthy, and kept her. She's very sweet and loving, despite her once being a feral stray. My other cat, Starla, was adopted 7 years ago from a U.T student who's parents would not allow her to bring her home with her. When I relocate back to the Tacoma area, I plan on taking some veterinary courses. Unfortunately, I only have A&M to choose here, and that school is too far away from Austin.

This is Reba....she's 9 yes old

e3UQn3U.jpg

Bobby been nosey

uLuQ2wq.jpg

Bobby's shadow Sophie

uQPSCl9.jpg

This is Ellie...she was my baby.She passed away October just gone.It still feels as if it was just yesterday.She gave me 14 fantastic yes of memories.

DiEiUPI.jpg

Edited by jools
  • 5 months later...

7 dogs and 5 cats here. I volunteered for local shelters and did a lot of transporting to rescues for a while, and as a result ended up with more than I ever expected to have. All but one dog is a rescue or shelter dog and all of the cats were either shelter cats or dumped somewhere and we took them in. The biggest dog is 72 lbs and the smallest about 22 lbs. The cats are all over 10 lbs. They all pretty much rule the house. Went on our first vacation in about 9 years last week and the fee to board the dogs was more than a week in a nice hotel at the beach, but I wouldn't trade them for anything.

• 3 years later...

I own a small companion, an eight year’s old Pomeranian (Lenny, as we would call him). Don't let his size fool you, that little bugger can be too playful at times. He usually hangs out in the living room, would watch Netflix with my brother, and then play catch in the backyard during the afternoon. As a precautionary measure though, we would fit him with one of those bark collars, as he would yap uncontrollably while having fun, just enough to drive our neighbors mad. Overall, he's a good tyke and obviously has been a family to us these past few years.

3.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 4/8/2013 at 10:18 AM, Riverspark said:

20130407_124922_zpse8a2f0ba.jpg

20130407_124830_zps43eb09c4-1.jpg

Adorable!

• 3 years later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...