Have any of you had a look at these lights? My mate runs an auto accesory shop and is selling them in lots of different logos and I am tempted to get a set just for the cheesey factor lol. What do you think?

llights_zpsf1e75ff9.jpgCarDoorLogoProjectorLights_zps526149cb.jTrans_zpsc1698cf5.jpgchev_zps1d9df80a.jpg

Edited by Widget

I have set that came in last week for $20 with the chevy logo. I have not decided if I'm going to use them. The ones I got are very small in size compared to most that are sold. You are suppose to install them in the bottom of the plastic door panel.

I just don't like the idea of cutting holes in the car so that rust can start

They are designed for the bottom of the door panel so only cutting plastic not metal. Like i said very cheesy but would be a talking point lol

OK, on our cars how does one make them turn on when you open the door? We don't have any wires in the doors for lights, heck mine doesn't even have reflectors on the doors.

LOL, I put a piece of reflector tape near the latch on each door.

• 3 years later...

Though its quite late, I can suggest that take + directly to light and  from each door jamb switch tap -ve. This way only door related light will be on instead of all. I am planning for this with small LED piece strip.

I got this idea as the LED strips my car guy installedin boot is on when any door is open, connection is from Dome light.

P.S. pardon guys, I haven't updated this post earlier. 

LaterI found that all 4 door jamb switch are straight shorted, i.e. if any door is open all 4 door light will glow. I worked out a simple solution for this with dual horn wiring and Diodes, may be 2-3$ job with some soldering practice. Anyone interested, just let me know, I'll upload pics.

Edited by ChevyBeat
update on info