I changed the snow tires back to stock tires today and noticed a few things were rusting really bad (pictures to come). How many of you have a lot of rust on the front break rotors? Looking at the exhaust, the muffler connection to the pipe looks like it has been there for many years of New York winters, not just a single winter. And I washed it every day it was above 40 which means I washed the underside three or four times this year to remove the salt. That's more than any other car I have owned and they looked a lot better after an exhaust change and a single winter.

The break rotor has been rusting since I bought it, must be made out of junk metal, going to need to ask a dealer about it, but this might turn into a recall if enough people complain. I have never seen brake rotors rust like this, and I've used the cheapest parts you can buy at auto stores for brake jobs.

So what are other people seeing?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I changed the snow tires back to stock tires today and noticed a few things were rusting really bad (pictures to come). How many of you have a lot of rust on the front break rotors? Looking at the exh

more pictures on the netherlands club webpage: http://chevroletsparkclub.hyves.nl/album/70426038/Het_MdB_Album/qYRxWIf7/?pageid=ADTM6UXPEM0WSSKS8#mb=&__state__=24

I wouldn't throw the Spark under the bus just yet. All rotors have a little rust, it is the undercarriage of Gregs car that concerns me, I am curious as to what the dealers are going to find, as his

Posted Images

You know, one of the selling points for me was, the Spark was tried, tested, and perfected, in other worldwide markets, and just dressed a little more before being brought into the US market. Again, I love this car, but it is starting to seem that we are being used as guinea pigs. There is no excuse for this.

Mine has the dealer junk sprayed all over, glad I didn't pay for it. The exhaust looks like it never got painted and the brake rotors must just be junk. It was rainging most of the day, I bet there is a thick layer of rus on the rotors now so the brakes will grab at the end of the driveway. I'm expecting a call from a different dealer on Monday, I'll have to bring this up since the rotors are really bad now, I really want them replaced and check the operation because the driver,s side doesn't look like it is doing the same amount of work as the right side. I might be able to get them on the 80,000 mile emissions guarantee since the muffler and exhaust are part of that system, the way it looks now the muffler will not last another full year. Might have to do a cat-back exhaust at that time.

Wow. This really questions the durability of these cars. I've seen rusty rotors on fairly new cars before, so that isn't overly surprising, but rusty under-body parts at less than a year old?? That's absolutely pathetic. :rant2: I just hope over time, these cars don't turn out to have build quality akin to early 00's Kia Rios.

Edited by Trancer07

That's what concerns me the most is other people in states that get snow and salt are reporting normal rotors. This different dealer has said it would be best to make an appoint sometime when a technician can go ride with me so I can show him/her the problems with the pulling to the left and I have a vibration in 5th gear at 45mph when the car is warm (like the final few miles coming home from work), doesn't happen in 4th at the same speed and doesn't happen in forth at the same RPM. The vibration gets worse again at about 75mph and I haven't gone higher yet. Could be related to the pulling problem too.

i have severall airbubbles on my Spark.

I went to the local dealer, and he took pictures. that is for about 2 weeks ago.

i called yesterday, but Chevrolet Nederland didn't answer jet.

probably there will come an expert to look at the problems.

proibably my whole car needs to be repainted :(

img1532970930.jpeg

img1532971095.jpeg

img1532971141.jpeg

img1532971275.jpeg

i have mote pictures but these are enough.

we got 3 years paint garanty.

i have untill february 2014, so i'm niot tio worried yet, but we should al look really good if you can find anything.

there where more cars in the netherlands, but those where al on the back door.

my car got it al over the car...:(

Greg_E .... I'm highly concerned about all this rust to be honest.. I'm already taking mine into the dealer to have the trans check for this stupid 5th gear issue.. kinda annoyed i dont want my trans to go out year from now and them try and come at me for this. I can drive a stick shift I'm not new to this so they better not try and push that shit. Also that being said what other problems has yours had.. you said its had quite a few.. im curious to know what I should look for... I also can't STAND the ticking noise although not as bad as my VW.. it sounds like the top end of my VW when the motor was about to blow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CKyX6alTJM

Ticking noise bothers me... the 5th grinding when i skip from 2nd to 5th (after accelerating "briskly" in 2nd).... this rust thing is worrying me to get my car undercoated now (woo-hoo more money) or should I just let it rust out and warranty the hell out of it and now Greg you say yours had alot more problems... hmmm...