ok, so purchased a chevy spark about a month ago, ive got the LS 1.0l in black. i love it so much. but its started making a strange noise. when im cruising along, usually in 4th or 5th gear, whenever i press down on the accelerator there is a noise coming either from the engine or the gearbox. im no expert. it sounds like a window is open or sumthing. like air rushing sound. obviously its not that, but its the best i can descibe it. anyoine else had this problem?

• 2 weeks later...

ok, so purchased a chevy spark about a month ago, ive got the LS 1.0l in black. i love it so much. but its started making a strange noise. when im cruising along, usually in 4th or 5th gear, whenever i press down on the accelerator there is a noise coming either from the engine or the gearbox. im no expert. it sounds like a window is open or sumthing. like air rushing sound. obviously its not that, but its the best i can descibe it. anyoine else had this problem?

Sorry to hear that, nope mine is perfect Spark 1.2l LT in Mexico City, great little car!

No strange noises even at this speed!

jalon2.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

why are u all surprised with that speed?

I can make 170 km/u on LPG and 185 on gasoline

and thats standard speed. on the forum in the netherlands there a couple of guys who tuned the cars and they can go 210!

did u know that u can easly change the airfilter so that it is like a cold air intake :)

I've done this as well and i can tell de difference. in combination with chiptuning u get a lot more horsebreakpower ;)

mine is not chiped yet

• 1 year later...

Yes, I can also hear that very faint air sound when giving it just the right amount of throttle. I think it's coming from the engine air intake manifold. This engine uses some sort of air damper in the intake to maximize power at a set threshold, and fuel efficiency at lower throttle. I think what's happening when that sound is heard is the damper is switching positions, and air is moving across the baffles in the intake, I would not be concerned. You must have very good hearing like I do. I think the 1.0 engine has the same intake set up as the 1.2 does.

Edited by austex04