Ontario Sparks

• 1 month later...

I just ordered my daughter a 2014 Techno Pink Spark. Should take delivery around August/September. The 2014 model has a CVT instead of traditional automatic transmission, which should help overall fuel economy, bringing it closer to the manual transmission . I test drove a 2013 auto, and I kicked the absolute crap out of that car, and it smelt like it, but I was actually rather impressed with it. It was very well balanced, didn't feel under powered, and didn't struggle to keep up with highway traffic. I think she'll love it, mainly because it's pink, and as she put it, "cute."

Edited by ChiPPy
  • 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Bought mine new (1918) a year ago, now at 10,000 km. I had bought jap-only for

40 years, then decided to give 'american' a break (well, american-korean, hey).

10,000 km later, no mechanical regret : 55 mpg @ steady 95kmh , zero oil loss, 5-speed manual now very smooth after brake-in, engine so silent you'd think it's

stalled, hell this thing is WAY better than I had expected.

I've changed the engine oil twice, just to make absolutely sure the engine has a good 

start-in-life (nevermang what book says), and trans oil once (same reason). Btw trans

oil change is quite easy, with two access plugs behind the left wheel jumping into

your face (almost).

I've drilled holes everywhere to saturate chassis with RustCheck, so should be good

for a while...

Heuh...I also took off the Throttle Body, curious as to why its TPS didn't give out a  measurable V signal...only to find that it was no-contact-type (had to unweld/weld it

back to find this). Well the ECU did not appreciate, so flashed the Mil light for a week...but then everything went back 'normal' after the proper drive cycles were done. Ouf... imagine me going back to the dealer's scanner with a claim...

It has toasted its block heater element, I have no idea why as these things should

last forever. They'll fix that free, so no complaint (but I still don't understand how such a  device could fail so soon).

Seems like they've sold a few more around here, hey...

Very happy with mine, plan to baby it for the next 10 years. It's as easy to work on as a motorcycle, so I enjoy fiddling around it as well.

Anybody else with a 2016+ ?