In my search for window visors, I've come across two options. The outrageously priced GM ($85) version, or Putco ($30) brand. I have the Putco brand sitting here, but I'm hesitant to install them, because of the fitment. On the back windows they are about an inch or two past the door handle/plastic. From the few pictures I've found, it looks like this is the only option I have. Has anyone installed these or any other visors? I've never had visors that extend past the actual window, so it's just odd to me.

Thanks! :shift:

These are the ones I bought http://www.ebay.com/itm/180977881116?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649 they look good. They were applied with the help of a heat gun, to fit every angle. They do not extend as far as yours. I remembered paying like $40, but apparently they were like $27+shipping. They are nice and sturdy, I am trying to post pictures, but I am doing something wrong. I am working with a new iMac after years of Windows. :unsure:

Thanks for the reply. These Putco versions look like they were made for the Sonic, maybe? They match the angles of the windows, but both the front and back visors go from edge to edge on the doors. Clearly the window isn't that long. :doh:

Edit: I saw the pictures in your other post.. They fit like normal visors!! I'll be returning these and ordering the ones from that link!! Thanks. :rockon:

Edited by jibb3r
  • 2 weeks later...

I think they serve a purpose, they allow you to keep your windows cracked open in the rain, they cut down a bit on the hurricane force winds that rush into the car while rolling down the highway with the windows open, most of all, they dress the car a bit. :) If you decide to buy from either GM, or Weathertech, you are going to pay big time. If you shop around, you can find a lot of nice accessories for the Spark, at much more reasonable prices.

Edited by WaltK
I'm debating on getting the GM ones or checking to see if Weathertech has them out for the Spark, I have never had these on any vehicle and was wondering if they are worth it?

I've used these on every vehicle I've owned since 2000. I think they're worth it for the simple fact that they keep the rain off my face while driving with the window cracked. The prices vary quite a bit. For what they are, I have a hard time paying over $30! The WeatherTech version on eBay has been over $100.. :o

Im a parts manager at a chevy dealership and just installed the gm vent visors on my ls and at first i was like ehhhh but they are growing on me and greg e man we are like damn close to each other cause im in ithaca and i seen your plate frame was royal in cortland

yes we are close, just had my car in Tully and not happy, don't want to say too much because the manager was on vacation, but there are some things that need to be dealt with. No offense but I'm starting to think all the dealerships are nothing but buildings packed with thieves.

I truly hope not, but so far I am two for two on repairs. The sales guys where I bought it were great. If you see a firm release date for the service manual, can you post it in the correct thread where I was asking about it?

I may try a matte plastic or textured paint to fix it, but don't favor the look of the shiny black plastic.

All visors are a shiny black plastic of some sort. Unless of course, they're painted or chrome.

I haven't installed mine yet, as I'm waiting to get the windows tinted first. (I installed the visors prior to tinting on my other car and the place took my visors off to help with the drying.)

Ever since I read the post about Plasti-Dip, I see it's used on everything. I may try it on my visors before I put them on. :shift: