Round Body hole and cover in Pasenger side front of car?????

Does any one know what the hole and body cover is for on the passenger side front of the car. I am assuming all models have it. I have a 2lt. it is one the front bumber area of passenger side of car.

Thanks

Magic

Normally this is a tiedown point for towing, but I don't think we have the threaded receiver under that spot. I tried to pull mine off but it won't come free without wrecking things. That said since I'm getting a new bumper cover I guess I should tear into it and see what's what.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Normally this is a tiedown point for towing, but I don't think we have the threaded receiver under that spot. I tried to pull mine off but it won't come free without wrecking things. That said since I'm getting a new bumper cover I guess I should tear into it and see what's what.

A tie down point.. this would have been helpful several times so far. the wrecker drivers put scratches on my bumpers trying to tie down to the suspension arms.

It seems a lot of foreign made bumpers have this. It took the Americans to make a vinyl bumper smooth, without that little oval. The first Buick Regals imported from Germany had that annoying access circle. Now the US ones are smooth. I think it must be a way that some foreign makers assemble the bumper?

• 4 weeks later...