So yesterday, I got in my car to drive home after work, and after the phone connected I changed the source to bluetooth. It started streaming extremely fast for about a second or two then it crapped out on me with this error message on the screen. The head unit indicated that the phone was still connected, even though I disconnected it and even turned the phone off, it still showed up as bluetooth connected but would not stream the phone or was I able to make any phone calls. The rest of the radio would work fine (XM FM ...) Turning the unit on and off again did not resolve. Killing the car and restarted would not resolve. After the car sat there for an hour off, I tried again and all was well. My brother just bought a new sonic with the exact same radio unit and he said his has done that twice already, and he's only owned it for a week. This is the first time mine has ever done this, and I've owned it since August 6th 2012. Anyone else experience this with their mylink unit?

post-265-0-44827400-1362622531_thumb.jpg

I knew that message screen looked awfully a lot like a windows alert. I wonder if it's possible to actually modify the head unit to work as an actual PC?

Did you try disconnecting the car battery? I wonder if holding down the power button would do anything.

Edited by Trancer07

I never had to pull the battery cable, but it's acted up even more now. Yesterday it wouldn't boot, got stuck on boot up (the darkened mylink screen). I thought I was going to have to pull the battery cable then.

I keep thinking someone will eventually post a hack for this thing so we can jailbreak it and make it do exactly what we want it to do! But for now, GM is responsible for this thing. If it keeps acting up, its going to the chevrolet house. I'll keep everyone advised.

Mine has done it a few times with no boot just black Mylink screen. When it seems to happen is when the Spark is unlocked for a while and just get in and start. If I turn it off, get out, lock doors by key fob, re open by key fob, then get in and start no problem.

Every time you open any door the radio will go into a silent boot mode to pre boot before engine start. I have noticed this more since hooking up my sub woofer. But if you look at the screen you can see that it is very dim while pre booting on any door open. In a normal start it will pre boot and function properly until a bug and hang.

I have a Dodge vehicle that does the same thing by pre booting, or waking up the computer with door open.

Now I just think there is a bug that causes the Mylink to hang if you let too much time pass between open door and start or any combination of openning doors without start, gets it confused.

Edited by bluer101