On the front I would suggest one of these reflective tapes:

http://shop.reflectivestore.com/main.sc;jsessionid=DB8A58F0ED28766E4EDE068BFABBD7EE.qscstrfrnt04

I don't think it is completely legal to have a white reflector on the back, but most people probably wouldn't care.

Depending on my time this summer, I'm going to de-chrome my car and paint all of it black. Probably cut a new bowtie out of plastic or aluminum and use black paint or black reflective tape to color it.

Other things will be to put some red reflective tape in the door jams and think about some body stickers in strategic places like rocker panels and hood lip to fend of paint chips, not sure if I will use clear of colored material for this purpose.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Did you remove it to do this? And if so, how do you remove the badge? I'd like to make mine black!
No need to remove the emblem. Just get the color decal of choice and cut a piece to fit over the whole emblem. Then apply it and smoth out to the edges. I used my fingernail to get it all the way into the groves and ends. Then carefully cut with a razor blade in the groves. This will give it that nice flush look all the way to the edge.

The link above is for the carbon fiber at Pepboys but mine is flat black. It is removable with no residue. Made of the same material as vehicle wraps.

I searched and here is the exact stuff I used:

http://www.pepboys.com/product/details/430881/165/accessories/fashion_exterior/headlight_film_body_wraps/?quantity=1

Edited by bluer101

i also used carbonfoil for the eyelines, the line's low nearby the fog lights, the two stripes on the lover grill, my doorhandels on the backdoors, the small windows in and outside, and of couse the B-styles and the chevylogo :)