• 6 months later...

(you meant Spark, right?)

I just had this conversation with my wife. I say "Please steal my car!" LOL.

Ok, if you have a base LS as I do, only the rear hatch is power lock. No alarm, no power locks on the doors, no problem.

If i may play devil's advocate for a moment, I pity the poor jerk who does try and steal my car, why? because of OnStar.

As we do not have PK2 (chipped) keys, but supposedly all new Chevys have the stolen vehicle slowdown feature - One call to Onstar from my cell and the fun begins.

Also, I bought a manual drive, not too many thieves would be enticed anyways, but for the one lowly loser, well, I wish I could mount a dash-cam to video his reaction when the Onstar kicks in and the cops arrive. :hysterical:

(you meant Spark, right?)

I just had this conversation with my wife. I say "Please steal my car!" LOL.

Ok, if you have a base LS as I do, only the rear hatch is power lock. No alarm, no power locks on the doors, no problem.

If i may play devil's advocate for a moment, I pity the poor jerk who does try and steal my car, why? because of OnStar.

As we do not have PK2 (chipped) keys, but supposedly all new Chevys have the stolen vehicle slowdown feature - One call to Onstar from my cell and the fun begins.

Also, I bought a manual drive, not too many thieves would be enticed anyways, but for the one lowly loser, well, I wish I could mount a dash-cam to video his reaction when the Onstar kicks in and the cops arrive. :hysterical:

I feel like an evil MWAHAHAHAHA should be added in here somewhere

We do have chipped keys, and that chip is GIGANTIC inside the plastic part.

Thats good to know if thats right. My parts guy said as there was no typical PK marking on the key shaft he thought it was not chipped. That sweetens the deal then.

If someone tries to hotwire the car, the fuel system is shut down anyways,

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

On the LS keys, unscrew the single screw and open the plastic, you'll see this gigantic chip on the side. That said, I haven't had an extra lock key made to try in the ignition, but it is something I want to do to get rid of the huge key when doing certain activities. I would mean hiding the real key somewhere inside the car, but I'll deal with that when I do it.

We do have chipped keys, and that chip is GIGANTIC inside the plastic part.

So that's why the damn base LS key is so big! Going from my cavalier's key which was this tiny little thing to the big plastic topper on the new one makes a big difference when I put my key ring in my pocket.