• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got my cargo LEDS in ! Heres my tutorial again THANKS BLUER ! Cargo Light Tutorial you get 2 units... you only need one so store the other for backup. popping off the lense is easier than the

I just replaced my dome/map light and cargo area with white LEDs. I have done this in other cars with great results. Here are some photos.

Less than 5 minutes to do. The front is very bright and still dims when turning off and on. This is the front light: http://www.ebay.com/itm/380507970870 This is the cargo light: http://www

Posted Images

I want to replace the speedometer lights with red, but im leery of taking the instrument panel apart. My old car was easy to take apart.

YES! This is something I need to do also. But I'm not sure what they used on the multifunction display, it might be an electroluminescent sheet and may not be able to get this in red.

The turn indicator and headlight indicator also really need to be something else or a lot less bright!!!

this evening i tried accessing the light is under the A/C and Heat panel the one that shines near the cupholders and the usb port. It looks like lights on a circuit board type deal. I gotta figure out how to replace that light with a red one.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm all for LED lights, I had them (VLEDs) in my Monte Carlo and was very pleased. However, how is that dome light above installed? I see it's a universal type connector, so does the LED panel just sit on the lens? The ones I had were bulb specific, never used the universals before.

I'm all for LED lights, I had them (VLEDs) in my Monte Carlo and was very pleased. However, how is that dome light above installed? I see it's a universal type connector, so does the LED panel just sit on the lens? The ones I had were bulb specific, never used the universals before.

You use the universal festoon adaptor and then the led panel has double side tape on the back. So I centered and stuck the panel to the festoon adapter after it was installed.

• 2 months later...

I want to add the lights to the front dome/map light but don't want to risk cracking something on my wife's new car that she doesn't want me playing around with :-)

My question is in regards to that first post and the picture. Does just the plastic clear cover right below the light come off, or does the entire brownish thing including around the extra buttons and things come off?

Which one should I remove to replace the light? Anyone? Thanks!