Looks really great. Thanks for pics.

I have never had any tinting done before.

How durable is it? Like when you wash the inside of the windows?

Will it eventually get fine scratches?

Will it get fine vertical scratches when you roll the window up and down? Thanks..

When you clean the inside of tinted windows, use Armor all window wipes, or any ammonia free window cleaner. Supposedly ammonia kills tint. I don't know if it does, but I've never used products with it to clean tinted windows

• 4 months later...

i have mine done in january

1898837_311235322357647_1554179822_o.jpg

1980493_311557345658778_498971708_o.jpg

1898632_311604105654102_649975656_o.jpg

the guy who did it, is also the guy who does it for chevrolet The Netherlands.

If someone who buys a new spark want this option, he does it.

So he nows ecxactly how it's done and what is allowed.

the front side windows are as dark as much as it's allowed. the rear side and back window are as dark as possible but not to much different from the front. i wanted to look as the same as possible with the front windows.

• 1 month later...

I Live in Tucson (355 sunny days per year average), so I have 35% on all windows except the front. Only the 4 or 5 inch band across the top of the front windshield. Looks good on my Summit White LS. Will do pics soon as I have free time.

• 4 weeks later...

I got mine done with 3m. They are guaranteed for life. Seems to be super durable, once it cures. Takes 24 hours to cure. We had other vehicles, and it was just like washing untinted windows. Never noticed any scratches.

3M is the best !!! Here in Arizona the 3M tints are by far the most popular because they last !!!

• 1 year later...

35% on all but the windshield here, only tint allowed on the windshield is a top strip only down to what I think they call the "AS-1 Line". Remember that its also additive, your factory tint adds to the aftermarket tint, total amount cannot exceed the legal limit. Only a light meter can tell if you are truly legal.

Edited by Angrybird12
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

GET. LLUMAR  Brand Film and A PROFESSIONAL  INSTALLER - Mid Grade- Mid Tint Level Level . ALL WINDOWS &  A WINDSHIELD TINT BAND. Lifetime Warranty on FILM & LABOR. DONT GO BY PRICE- REPUTATION !   It DOES HELP IN DIRECT SUN / IMPROVEMENT IN AC PERFORMANCE.  About $300.00 to do the job-3 hrs. Time.    Also, have them use PRE CUT WINDOW FILM-Smooth, Clean & Factory Grade!

It's been 3 years since I tinted all 4 windows plus top of front windshield myself,

but the whole job cost about $30 if I recall correctly. After 3 years all working great.

It was pre-cut tinted plastic film with glue already applied. All I had to do was wet them thoroughly and slide them into place. Then I used a soft squeegee to remove all small air bubbles. That was the most time consuming job. But after I removed every bubble, it looks like a professional job. 

Hint: Do it yourselfers...tuck in a small fraction of an inch of film into the bottom of window sill. that way when you roll the window down, the film wont snag.

On the front windshield I applied a 4" wide roll of darker film the same way as above. That shields the sun nicely, almost no need to use the built in sun visors which are not transparent and block view of traffic lights.

I had posted a thread about how to do it 3 years ago,  and here is the link:

Edited by Bobby MSME