yeah we are gonna get our white sparks windows tinted pretty soon. the salesman i got it from said the window tinter at the dealer will do it on his own time for 75 a car. so i wanna do it pretty soon since thats pretty cheap and it will look good on the white like yall have already mentioned.

Most states in the USA are now illegal to tint beyond like 10 percent on any front window (including driver and front passenger side windows). Some place don't care, some won't apply it. Only except might be southern cars where I think they might still get slightly darker factory windows all around.

Most states in the USA are now illegal to tint beyond like 10 percent on any front window (including driver and front passenger side windows).

I agree with this law. I've tried to drive a few cars with really tinted windows in a dark parking garage while I was a valet. Wasn't fun at all. I personally dislike window tinting. However much the manufacturer tints the windows is just fine with me.

Edited by Trancer07
  • 4 weeks later...
Anyone tinted their windows? If so how dark do you usually go?

Check your state laws, even states that don't allow tinting (verify this in your state though) you can tint windows with a doctors prescription. Of course you will still not be able to go limo tint all the way around........I had Huper Optik on my Jetta, not sure of the percent. Not legal to tint entire front window in MI. I had entire front windows, rear side, and back glass tinted, lightest tint available. Looked DARK from behind. Side of car didn't look tinted, just looked like dark factory glass. Drove by police quite a bit, never bothered me.....As much as I liked it, this time around I'm going to try this:http://www.viper.com/Tint/Products/SecurityFilm.aspx I figure a little extra security can't hurt.

I have the "Security film" on my Soul, I went with that for the lifetime warranty. I plan to do the same 20% on the Spark. It's illegal here as well, but I'd say half the vehicles on the road around here have "illegal" dark windows.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My state allows up to 25% on the two front windows, limo ok for the back windows. You also have to take account the factory solor tint. I'm going to get mine done soon, before summer. I'm going 30% sides and 5% rear. I know a guy who does lifetime Llumar film, whole car for $100. We have annual safety inspections, they also use a light meter on tint to see if legal.

Edited by austex04
  • 6 months later...