Thanks Crow, I'm anxious to hear how it works out. It's a shame that GM Accessories doesn't offer their own.

Update: I checked the set shown on E bay from Korea, and they indicate the front flaps will not fit on the 2LT because of the Rocker Moldings. I did find a set of Rear Flaps only on Amazon.com. They claim to be made specifically for the 2013 Spark. I ordered them, we'll see.

Edited by TN Frank
  • 2 weeks later...

The Novline 08.14.E11 Rear Mud Flaps from Amazon arrived this week. They are made of molded rubber, smaller than I expected, but they fit and look good on the car. They were easy to install, and they seem to help in wet conditions.

Well installed the front flaps on my 1LT with no problem, factory fit. THen again its a GM korea part.

Rear Flaps i gotta head to my buddies house and use his jack. You have to drill 4 small holes to install the rear flaps so i have to remove the rear tires.

post-456-0-85920800-1362173749_thumb.jpg

Edited by thecrowtv

Greg, the rear flaps that I got were easy to install also. Getting the wheels on and offf was the biggest part of the job. Each mud flap had two holes located to match screws already on the body. Because they are rubber, if you mount with the bottom screw first, you can bend & form the flap to the body. You must spot drill & screw one extra location in the middle to hold it in place. Then install the other body screw and you are finished, The flexible rubber allows the flaps to follow the multiple curves of the body.

Greg, you may have nailed it with your question about fuel mileage. We put a little over 100 miles on the Spark this afternoon. It was a nice sunny day, with little or no wind. Driving our usual routes, we averaged a steady 38.3 MPG. This is a drop from the 38.6 MPG we had been getting recently. We filled the tank before leaving, so it could possibly be the gas. I'll keep watching through the next fill up, but it would be interesting if we determine that the drag created by those little mud flaps has caused the fuel mileage to drop.

A 0.3 change is not significant, a couple degrees temperature could do that. If it was a couple miles per gallon then I would say something changed.

What I really want is some hlaf disks to cover the rear wheels, that should be good for an increase of a couple miles per gallon, I'd try to make some but I know I'm not going to have the time.

• 5 months later...

Sorry, the e-bay splash guards are not the same. I bought mine (Novaline 08.14.E11 - Rear Mud Guards)from Amazon back in February. They are hard molded rubber. They fit well and look great on the car. They came from Korea, are made and sized for the Spark, and are relatively small. Something much bigger would probably do a better job of keeping the rear window clean, but might look silly hanging there. I checked Amazon just now and they are no longer available. I also Googled the Amazon supplier (AutoAccessories4less)and found nothing. Also note that the front mud flaps that are available will not fit on the 2LT because of the rocker molding.

I have a Spark 2LT, which comes from the factory with special "Rocker Moldings" that wrap and mount with two screws into the front wheel well. As I noted earlier the Front Mud Flaps that are available will not fit on the 2LT's. They will work however on the other two models. Since the Spark is new, the best way to find out if some of these accessories work or fit is to buy them and try them. Most vendors will accept returns if you are not happy.

Has anyone tried these mudflaps or splash guards yet? I'm thinking about buying them?

Those look nice,I believe they will fit I saw the same picture on http://www.chevrolet.co.za/cars/2013-spark/accessories.html

Woof. Seller emailed me

"""Dear buyer
first of all, I apologize our mistake of listing.
I checked
fitment with GM chevrolt part support team.
they said only front mud guard
can fit US model.
I offer your 50% amount for front mud guards.
If you
want front 2pcs mud guards, let me know it, I'll send it and process 50%
refund your payments.
Or if you want full refund, let me know it, I'll
process it by paypal.
best regards ""