Highway Performance & Handling

I've taken mine to 80mph, with 20mph crosswinds, without any problems. I once owed a minivan that was much worse in crosswinds, the car stays well planted with only slight corrections required. Is it buzzy? Not really, my manual Hyundai Accent was much worse, the tach was over 4k at those speeds. Is it slow? Yes, this is a city car focused on efficiency instead of performance, but if you know how to merge properly and shift gears at 4k you shouldn't have a problem. If your an idiot who stops or slows down on the freeway entrance, you should be looking at a 1.4 turbo Sonic instead, because this car takes a good 12 seconds to get to 60mph. My hill start assist also only works on steep hills, when it wants to, but I don't need it anyway because I've been driving a standard for years, including when I lived in Seattle, a hilly city like San Francisco.

Edited by austex04

I usually take 2-3 freeways to get anywhere and have not had any issues with acceleration or wind. It definitely does not take me 12 seconds to get up to 60 mph.

My hill assist works well, although I don't use it unless I'm showing off that capability to a passenger :happy feet:

The hill assist certainly does seem to work when it wants to on some inclines. The is a hill I drive up every day to work, sometimes it holds at a specific light, sometimes it does not. This past week I have been making sure to press the brake hard while sitting at this light, again sometimes it holds, sometimes it does not. On steeper hills it always holds and is nice to have.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="djp" data-cid="4755" data-time="1366469238"><p>

I usually take 2-3 freeways to get anywhere and have not had any issues with acceleration or wind. It definitely does not take me 12 seconds to get up to 60 mph.<br />

<br />

My hill assist works well, although I don't use it unless I'm showing off that capability to a passenger :happy feet:</p></blockquote>

I'm sure it can go faster than 12sec, but I try not to use more than 80% of available power, for efficiency and wear reasons. My cars typically go beyond 300k miles.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="djp" data-cid="4755" data-time="1366469238"><p>

I usually take 2-3 freeways to get anywhere and have not had any issues with acceleration or wind. It definitely does not take me 12 seconds to get up to 60 mph.<br />

<br />

My hill assist works well, although I don't use it unless I'm showing off that capability to a passenger :happy feet:</p></blockquote>

I'm sure it can go faster than 12sec, but I try not to use more than 80% of available power, for efficiency and wear reasons. My cars typically go beyond 300k miles.

I wouldn't say I'm using all available power, however I live in San Diego where no one moves for merging vehicles, slowing down is not an option.

The compressor has a load dependant switch, if the load on the engine increases beyond a certain level, the compressor is turned off. Climbing a hill is supposed to turn the compressor off since the load will be high.

But I do agree that you can feel the power loss when it is running, and see it in the fuel readout.