Chevy Spark Front and Rear Speaker Installation Guide

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today I installed new speakers in the front and rear of my Chevy Spark 1LT. In no way am I a car audio expert so do this at your own risk. Speakers used: Kicker KS40 (4 inch round) for the front an

thanks for the harness adapter thats definitely good info

Well you could trim the speaker cup in the spot where the factory harness meets the factory speaker and it would mostly like fit in the speaker cup.

Posted Images

It's not hard at all. I removed them a few days after I got the car to see them. I would suggest going from under just so you don't destroy the dash. Just look under with a flashlight and you will see the tabs. There are 4 but only need one or two from below. The first one might be a little harder.

I used a small flat tip screw driver. I simply wrapped the tip with electrical tape so that it did not mar the dash, and then I got the screw driver between the dash and the grill and popped them out from the top. You may want to locate where the actual tabs are so that you can pry in that spot. I didn't. Once the first tab pops then the grill comes off easily. Or, you could get them from the underside as others have stated.

• 4 months later...

Hi All, I have gotten a lot of good pointers from this site and thought I might share a trick I used. I recently replaced the front speakers on my 2013 LS with KS40s. When I tried to reuse the speaker enclosures on the kicker's the shoulder on the speaker flange prevents the speaker from seating fully in the cup. Someone mentioned shaving down the cup, but the plastic is really too thin. What I did was to take a heat gun and heat up the plastic rim of the cup, then press the speaker into the cup. It fits tight but when heated up the plastic has enough give to stretch for the KS40s. The cup and the speaker fit perfectly into the existing mounting holes...

Hope it helps someone.

have it and love it. tip: afer you get it setup face it down. Fits in the cubby and takes up no space.

did the same installs as you. THANKS.

probably gonna get the Infinity basslink from amazon since its $180 there and i have $50 in amazon giftcards

was thinking about the Kicker Hideaway but its WAY to expensive

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I followed the same as the Original Poster with Kickers up front and 4x6 kickers in the rear with the crutchfield adapter UNTIL this weekend when I replaced the 4x6 with TWO Sony 4vway 6x9 Speakers I Put in the back Grill which folds upward when you open it. It works Great cutting the holes in the rear panel and placing the speakers with the connections to each side so they simply plug into the tee fitting used in the Critchfield 4x6 speaker. The XM Sirius Snap connected to the auxiliary and these 6x9 in the back with the rear fader at R8 sounds Kickin Good!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am pretty sure if you use these metra connects your neg and positive are backwards I switched mine and sound alot better. Am I correct?

There are 2 different metra harnesses that will fit. They are Metra 72-9301 and Metra 72-9300. One is correct and the other is flipped.

I don't remember which one I used but I removed the pins from the plastic connector so positive and negative are correct.

Not sure if it was mentioned anywhere in this thread yet, but the Metra 72-9301 noted here are NOT the correct adapter for the Spark. I ordered some and was swapping out my speakers today when i noticed these adapters reverse the polarity. Your speakers will not sound as good as they should if you've used these adapters. I believe the correct adapters are Metra 72-9300

Not sure if it was mentioned anywhere in this thread yet, but the Metra 72-9301 noted here are NOT the correct adapter for the Spark. I ordered some and was swapping out my speakers today when i noticed these adapters reverse the polarity. Your speakers will not sound as good as they should if you've used these adapters. I believe the correct adapters are Metra 72-9300

Read the post above yours, if you have the wrong ones just flip the wires, problem solved. The reason they will sound crappy is they will be out of phase.

• 2 months later...

Read the post above yours, if you have the wrong ones just flip the wires, problem solved. The reason they will sound crappy is they will be out of phase.

Before I read this I had already ordered the wrong ones.

If you are replacing all 4 speakers do you still need to flip the wires? All 4 speakers will be the same phase won't they?

If you have the wrong ones then flip the wire. They still should be in phase from the radio. I would not run them at 180 degrees out if phase. But it sounds like you got it right.

The Kickers make the system more alive but a sub added to will round it out, much fuller.

I had the the same concern but good luck finding quality 8 ohm speakers. It will just drive them a little harder. I think most factory radios can handle anything down to 4 ohms. I also think the only reason the fronts are 8 is due to the BS upgraded 4 front speakers.

If someone has the LS spark could tell us what the front ohms are in the speaker.

• 3 weeks later...