What Kind of Milage is everyone getting?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

40+ in the city!? I must get a Spark NOW!!

I just rounded over 3k miles and MPG has never been better...Im guessing around 3k is break-in. 100% around town and on surface streets (no hwy) I am getting 40+. The avg on my OBC reads 41+ right no

Just filled up today and my avg. was 41.87 for my last tank.

Posted Images

I've noticed when the temperature drops below 40 degrees, I lose about 2mpgs. My last tank since it warmed up was 38.1 according to fuelly, the dash said 38.3, so it's pretty accurate. What hurts my mpgs the most is high speed limits, I frequently travel 70 mph everyday, and out of town it's 75-85 mph. I'm curious to see how much I gain in 5-6 weeks after I move to a state with much lower speed limits. Gas will definitely cost more on the west coast, glad I bought the Spark before I move. It'll be interesting driving it over 2,000 miles with two cats roaming around inside. Tommyspark, what caused your check engine light to come on?

Edited by austex04
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I drive all back roads to and from work, but with a lot of hill climbs. The hills really seem to kill the mileage. Even so, I'm getting between 38-43mpg, depending on the traffic and weather. I've only had my Spark for a week, but so far I'm very impressed with the mileage. We took it on the highway last weekend, and at 70-75mph I was still pulling 33-335mpg. Can't beat that!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First 1000 miles I used Gas and 10% Ethanol avg MPG 33.4. Vehicle was sluggish and had a noticeable hesitation. 1001 to 6700 miles 100% Gasoline 41.02 mpg hesitation gone.

After I crunched the numbers the additional cost for 100% Gas is $0.0018 per mile however there is no hesitation and the engine feels smoother with a bit more pep.

• 1 month later...

Had my 2014 Spark 1LT CVT for about eight months. I have 8,900 miles on it and I am averaging 36.8 mpg. My driving is about 50/50 for hwy and city. I think this is pretty good considering I live and drive at an altitude of around 8,000 feet with alot of hills. On the highway I can average around 40-41 depending on the wind.

• 1 month later...
Were getting 40.5 highway around 36 plus city.With gas over 4 bucks a gallon thats pretty good. Got around 4000 MILES on her! That gets me around 400 miles per tank or less.Remember the spark has a 10 gallon tank .[/quote

It has a 9.2 gallon tank! Should still get about 400 miles to a tank as should get 40+ per gallon if you watch your speed!

• 1 month later...

I don't drive the speed limit ever nor do I drive conservatively. Interestate I'm always 5 over and I'm routinely hitting 4-5k rpms in the city because I hate driving slow.

With my tire pressure at 48psi all around I hit a blended 35.6mpg.

Yes, I know the manual says 40, but studies have shown increases the higher you go. One showed 2.1% from 40psi to 48psi. I was switching to full synthetic anyway I'm a huge believer "synthetic blends are the latest scam" and in went 0-20w versus 5-20w. Which only effects cold start, but every bit helps.

I was hoping for a little more to be honest, but I'm happy enough.

I have a 2014 2LT with 13.5k and put on 4k a month.

**Maybe since my last car was a modified 2009 Z06 with 692rwhp, but how do you guys drive 55 or 60? I'd go nuts!! Love driving in parts of Texas where the speed limit is 75mph I go 80mph ;)**

Edited by jasil
  • 1 month later...

26 mpg overall. that's with the automatic.

Certainly no where near what was touted in the ads.

Dealer says they can find nothing wrong.

What year is yours? Mine is a 2014 with the CVT Automatic and I am getting better than that in the city. Overall I am getting 37mpg. City I am getting 28mpg.