What Kind of Milage is everyone getting?

Visit fuelly.com, that'll tell everyone what to expect. I occasionally take a toll road with a 85mph limit, and 50 miles of going 90 drags my mpg down to 33, less than I get in the city, lol. Overall I'm at 36mpg combined driving. I know the people who report over 40 mpg don't drive faster than 60-65mph, or idle much in traffic.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

40+ in the city!? I must get a Spark NOW!!

I just rounded over 3k miles and MPG has never been better...Im guessing around 3k is break-in. 100% around town and on surface streets (no hwy) I am getting 40+. The avg on my OBC reads 41+ right no

Just filled up today and my avg. was 41.87 for my last tank.

Posted Images

Avoid idle time by not driving during peak travel times. I never drive during rush hour in this overrated city thats lacking sufficient roadways, it can take over an hour to go just five miles when it gets really bad. I walk, bus it, bike, or wait during those times. Also, if I do visit a drive through, I turn the engine off if I know it'll be more than a few minutes, or go inside to order food.

Edited by austex04

I have an automatic and I'm averaging about 38 mixed and a high of 42 . I can't complain since I exceeding the official mpg estimate . Still surprised how peppy it is around town and hills on the back roads . As long as its in its natural habitat it's really fun to drive . Haven't noticed any real lack of power till after 70mph which I fine for what I use it for.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my LS yesterday and haven't put gas in it. I'm selling my 98 3 cylinder Metro to get a n!ew Spark. I love the comfort and the power but I'm terrified of the fuel economy. I generally always get 44 to 55 to with there 3/5 Metro. But the Spark headlights don't even compare. I really like the increased vision at night. I should have bought an LT. I could have sold seven or e Metros limine. I will enjoy a new car.

I am doing something wrong, or lying. I just filled up and I got 50mpg. I am genuinely surprised and pleased. Sterling is at 3950 feet, so I don't have low altitude in my corner. It must be that the Metro is still in the drive. This is so much nicer a car. I'l be spoiled really soon. I sure wish that I had bought a 1LT.

Not quite 200 miles. I'll know better in a couple of weeks. I plan to drive back to the Wichita, Kansas area where I grew up. That will be 1000 miles. That will give me a better Idea. Out here in Northeastern Colorado trips are usually a hundred miles or more. A trip to Denver is 250-300 miles. It is not unusual for me to drive 3000 miles in a month. I put 101,000 miles on my Metro in 28 months.

Right now, the avg MPG (according to the gauge) is 35.5. We don't live in a mountain area, but it's far from flat land. I'd say about 70% city driving too. Can't complain :) We have family in Oklahoma that we visit quite often (from Memphis). Can't wait to see how high it gets next time we road trip. These are the only "mods" i'm interested in. Anything that will bring even better MPG's........

come visit, in ponca city

can even bunk if you want. were weird like that...real homie

I miscalculated ours. (when I got 38.2) :doh: Totally forgot to take into account that the car had 18 miles on it when we got it. Obviously they don't ship them with full tanks, so it was filled up with about 18 miles on it. Our first real world combined was 34.4, and 36.5 yesterday..... Lol 38.2 was too good to be true. For combined MPGs

2014 Automatic with CVT, got average of 42.5 mpg this week. Was 38.5 mpg last week. I have been tying to learn how to drive the Spark to maximize fuel efficiency. The odometer just hit 600 today. I do about 80% Highway 20% city. So far I am very happy.

Today, Sunday, August 18, we have had the Spark with automatic for three weeks. Just filled the tank and the mileage came to 32.68 for combined city/highway. This is in hot Sacramento where the AC is always on. This is about our third fill and 33.00 is about our average for combined.

Went on a 86 mile trip yesterday got about 37.1 (computer) with the AC on in hilly country. I will probably get around 39 on level ground with the AC off.

How much does AC affect the mileage?

Anyway, really pleased with the car and with the mileage.

46-47 MPG this week! :happy feet:

New 2013 LT with manual transmission. We brought it home with about 50 miles on it. First fuel fill worked out to ~41 MPG, which agreed with the onboard computer.

Now we're at just over 500 miles and this week I've been "hypermiling". 28 mile RT on local "highway" that varies between 30 and 50 mph, some hills but mostly pretty flat.

Car seems more peppy than when we first got it. The manual says to baby it for the first 500 miles, not to "drive like you stole it". Also says not to use engine breaking, I wonder why.

I'm at 755 miles and my city avg is 29.1 mpg I only need 4 gal of gas a week compared to 6 gal a week for my '95 Chevy Beretta Z26 before she got totaled only 131,000 miles :cry: she only set me back $1850.00+tax and title my wife gave me $1500.00 to buy her and I borrowed the rest :)

996857_347703292024178_2090744349_n.jpgI miss her :cry: that 160+hp was awesome and I'll never forget that V6 rumble :drool: I had her for 3 years B) until some dumb girl :rant2: failed to yeild on a left turn :baby: I guess it was for the best my Spark is close to the color I was going to paint my Z26 anyway Synergy Green Metallic :happy feet:

Edited by Spark_Rules-0713
  • 1 month later...

I've been racking up the miles (and I'm not kidding)

Started out at approx. 36 MPG....now I'm averaging 39-43 MPG, last tank was 41.3

I've got the manual LS so no cruise. AC on almost the entire time varied city/highway driving

Average speed is about 39MPH if that helps.

Mine seems to love the 55-65 MPH range. Instant typically shows 45-50 MPG at this range once I'm up to speed which is about the same as it gets doing 45.

I try to keep it in 5th as much as possible since that seems to be the sweet gear for MPG and always ALWAYS shift into neutral when I see a light turn yellow or red ahead of me and coast in. The computer seems to be very accurate with the AVG MPG

Edited by Dgolden

Averaging 31mpg with a manual in mild city traffic, short sprints to and from lights, only 7 miles to work. Of course if my trip was longer, the mileage would be higher I am sure. I have a large bridge on my daily commute, which doesn't help either. As i have read here, 5th gear is best for best mileage, but getting stuck behind distracted soccer moms on cell phones going 35 in a 50 mph zone and shifting my way to 5th over a mile-long bridge don't help.

I try to shift conservatively, keep the RPMs around 4500 when shifting, though launching from a stop sometimes requires a higher RPM.

On flat back roads with no traffic at around 50 mph, close to 50 mpg. On I-95, once in 5th, I average 44mpg or higher with the car full of people at 70-80 mph. I can't complain, very happy.

Edited by Sparktacus