man...that auto trans keeps revs HIGH! the CVT at 75mph is only at about 28-3000 RPM......I have had mine up around 95mph...Ill have to push her one day and report....

Yeah my 14 with the CVT is running around 2,400rpms at 70mph. Fastest I have been is around 80 mph. I don't need to know the top speed.... I have a 2012 Camaro that hasn't been over 90...... Guess I am too old to be that curious (or foolish) any more.LOL.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

In the Spark the only limiting factor is the motor. The ECM has the governor at like 365 mph which means the only governor is the car itself. I highly suggest tuning on the Spark after I ran through the ECM there was a lot of things limiting its ability.

• 6 months later...

I had the limiter set to cut off at the red-line RPM. Did a fairly long (50mi) at 112 on cruise to to see if it would hold up as any weak areas or engine issues would show up...none...engine stayed at temp within specs & no movement on the oil level which is actually uncommon..so that was done 2 more times, once with A/C on..any small VVT engine that can handle that kinda punishment is, well, pretty darn good in my books..that alot of strain on the constantly variable timing, VVT and timing chain. Had it to 115mph which was just below red-line and a short burst at 117± which is at redline and limiter kicks in at 118mph (6,850rpm)..Without the limiter adjustment I got to 106 before limiter activated.

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 1/21/2013 at 9:17 PM, Phil_Can said:

What is the top speed of the Spark? Has anyone topped out their sparks yet? I got mine up to about 92 but I was in kinda heavy traffic so I couldn't actually top it out. I was just curious how fast my little guy can actually get to before the governor kicks in. Also does anyone know what the top speed would be if you took off the governor?

My 2013 LT1 hit the governor @ 114m114mph. That was going downhill, but you could feel the governor kick in.

On 4/14/2017 at 4:56 PM, Nite762 said:

My 2013 LT1 hit the governor @ 114m114mph. That was going downhill, but you could feel the governor kick in.

Governor kicks in at about 105-107Mph. That speed downhill means very little..if you can get 105mph on a level road..well, lets just say your drivetrain is in very good shape..how many miles on the 2013?

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

For what it is worth - In my 2014 the ecu has the electronic governor set to 109mph stock. It can be raised with hp tuners. I maxed it out tosomething over 300mph (essentially removing the limitation) but I have not seen how fast I can get it since. I've done a similar change in my Jeep and confirmed the govenor was removed.