How do I remove stereo fascial plate?

Hi

Im new in this forum, but I thought I would give it a try :-) I bought a Spark from 2013, and I want to put in a new stereo.

I have removed the glove compartment, and I can see a few clips, but before I do anything I want to be absolutely sure that Im not ruining anything :-)

So if anybody knows how to remove the fascial plate then I would appreciate it a lot.

How you understand what Im writing. Im from Denmark..

thnx

Your English is fine and I hope someone has an answer because I want to replace my stereo and haven't determined how to remove this part either. From the pictures of the replacement pieces it looks like this panel just clips in place and pulling straight out should see it removed, but I'm not certain.

Your English is fine and I hope someone has an answer because I want to replace my stereo and haven't determined how to remove this part either. From the pictures of the replacement pieces it looks like this panel just clips in place and pulling straight out should see it removed, but I'm not certain.

Thanx :-)

Yep - and if thats the case then I will try to pull it out. I just dont want to make any marks or scratches on the fascial plate.

But yes - hopefully someone will know :-)

My thought was to make handles out of strong packing tape so that I had a good grip on the plastic and hopefully this would pull straight out. Suction cups would also work here.

What I really want is the stupid service manual for these 2013 models, even the dealer doesn't have good information yet and they are expected to service these cars.

Edited by Greg_E

When I got my car I almost immediately put in speakers in the front and back. The ones I bought were Kicker 400 for the front and Kicker 460 for the back. The ones in the front fit nice and easy to put in. The back ones were a pain because of the angle of the install and they didn't line up perfect so I ended up only putting 3 out of the 4 screws in them. They are snug in the back and do not rattle at all. The ones I got are A TON better than the stock ones. It gives you a little bass when you turn it up. I would have liked it to have a little bit more of a thump, but its going to be hard with such small speakers. The install took maybe 20-25 minutes to install all 4 speakers. If I did it again, it would take only 10 minutes to put them in.

To get the front plates off I just took utility knife and wedged it between the gap. There are three clips that hold it on. Ill take a picture of what my front ones look like and the location of the clip spots so you know exactly where to put pressure to take it off. My car got only a minimal scratch on the plastic which was okay by me. But my front speakers also came with a custom cover for the speakers which I personally like a lot more because it gives a little bit of a custom look.

This is a pic of the front left speaker. Let me know what kind of pictures you would actually like of that if that isn't enough. It isn't the best pic because I remembered while I was driving down the highway and took a snap of it while driving, then I forgot to take more.

post-367-0-57978700-1358896969_thumb.jpg

Edited by Phil_Can
The stereo fascia plate removal steps:
1. take apart/out the glove compartment (open glove compartment , push up and it come lose) you need this step so you can reach other things (clips and such)
2. take apart the lid on the driver's side (where you have the lever to open the hood) it has one screw
3. take out the fake "button" on the right side of the climate control, the rhomboidal piece of plastic that you see missing in the pic.
4. now you can pull gently but firmly icon_e_smile.gif on the fascia to take 'it apart
5. pull out the connector of the hazard switch

some pics property of "ericpanteon" from Spark Club México

audioout1.jpg

audioout2.jpg

audioout4.jpg

audioout3.jpg

audioout5.jpg

audioout6.jpg

audioout7.jpg
Edited by Widget

Hi

Thanks for the pictures. But there is one thing:

3. take out the fake "button" on the right side of the climate control, the rhomboidal piece of plastic that you see missing in the pic.

I dont have a fake button or anything. Apparently the facelift of the 2013 doesnt have that.

hm...do you have to take the clips off ?

And one last thing :-) I kind of like those integrated stereos like the one on the picture...does it look stupid if you have it installed but with a fascial plate for 2 din?

Daniel from Denmark

Ah right sorry this is for the prefacelift model. Looking at the new interior it looks as if the facia would just be held on with clips as there doesnt appear to be anywhere for screws to go. I dont think the stereo would look out of place with a double din facia plate but as you can see in the bottom picture there is a bit of plastic between the 2 sections that has an unfinished look about it so it may not look the best.

Edited by Widget
  • 2 months later...

The clips are a massive pain in the butt. I hope you were able to get it. I got mine with minimal problems and no scratches. I needed to remove it to remove my climate control unit that got scratched during a dvd install. Still trying to figure out how to get thhe traction control wiring harness apart... 2013 1LT... Anyone have some advice?

I had dvd headrests installed, during the install they scratched up the interior. They replaced the parts, but I am loathe to have anyone else touch my car. My car was badly damaged when the tint was installed as well... I have had a bad run of luck with my new car :/ Plus I decided to order the blue fascia plate, so I figured I might as well do it myself and just leave the plate off until it arrives :)

I have some Vizualogic headrest from a previous car that I had and they fit fine, but they are a little to wide. I was going to have them re wrapped to match the Sparks interior. I already had them wrapped for my last vehicle in 2 tone leather.

• 2 weeks later...
http://chevysparkforum.com/index.php?/gallery/image/298-20130411-112205-1/'>http://chevysparkforum.com/index.php?/gallery/image/298-20130411-112205-1/

The bezel is the same color of Blue as the trim. I'm pretty sure it's painted because the first one they sent me was scratched, revealing the black plastic beneath.

Looks good! Makes me want to change mine!!