A couple of changes today

The wheels probably will be going black at some point. I am also gonna wrap the black plastic in 3d carbon vinyl to try and improve the look as the plastic is a bit cheap looking and is already starting to fade a little around the edges because of the salt on our roads.

Another small change today. I have removed the horrible orange side repeaters and replaced then with some nice clear units. Concening the intake I feel that the pickup is slightly better and I am able to pull away that little quicker, the sound it makes is alot better and the engine now doesnt sound as asthmatic lol.

2013-01-24141722_zps25794664.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What are you doing about keeping the intake from flopping around while you drive? I've always used zip ties if it had rubber intake hose.

I dig the wheels! Personally I say leave them the color/way they are.

There is a strap under the filter holding it in place.

• 1 month later...

I'm thinking of ideas for a short ram due to the colder weather impacting my gas mileage. Where is your MAF sensor on your intake? Simply detaching the stock airbox isn't an option here. The MAF is part of the top of the airbox. How did you get around this? Or was yours different?

tommyspark, what I'm thinking is if you want a warm air set up, keep the tube that goes to the grille. The one that goes to the resonator, make a U shaped snorkel to point it back towards the engine, to pick up warmer air by the engine. Should be easy enough to do. Perhaps even some pre-shaped radiator hose, if you can find one that has a tight U molded into it.