Problems with dealer service?

Just trying to collect information about problems you may have with your dealer service/repair. In theory these cars are new enough to not need anything beyond oil changes (and even then most still are not up to the first change), but some of course require service.

Just came back from the second service to try and get my pull to the left fixed... They say they can't find it, yet they "performed" a wheel alignment and centered the steering wheel, it of course still pulls to the left. Nothing done on the fuel gauge complaint. They did reset the oil life meter but I need to check and make sure they actually changed the oil and filter.

I have several other issues that I have not reported yet because I have a feeling they also will not be found and repaired, probably going to try one of the other dealers after I discuss this with GM.

Please do not list your dealer at this time, no need to defame them yet, just trying to find out how widespread the service issues might be.

I've tried getting a hold of my service advisor yesterday and today. Could be on vacation, have the the flu, but why not forward his mail box to someone that is at work? Could have phone problems. Oh well, try again tomorrow. Not mad just frustrated.

• 3 months later...

I still have the clunking noise problem I posted awhile back. Seems to do it more often with a light fuel load. This thing is driving me crazy.

I've check under the seats, seat bottom latches, seat back latches, in and under the rear cargo area everywhere. Dealer can't find it but they admit they

can hear it. It doesn't do it when driving straight down the road no matter how rough it is. Only when making right or left hand turns.

I plan on asking the dealer to spray all the rear suspension parts with silicone. Maybe that might get it.

Any Ideas welcome.

P.S. No 14mm socket found either.

For the pulling, the first dealer did swap the front tires side to side, and once I put all four snows on that rules out the stock tires completely. Now that it is summer tire season I did rotate the stock tires in an X pattern and still pulling. Definitely not a tire or wheel problem since the snows are on steel wheels.

Right now, I'm dealing with vibration issues with the pos Goodyear tires. One of them was replaced, vibration is better but still there. Dealer so far been good to deal with on the issue, but they only consider a tire defective if it's more than 18lbs off on the road force balancer. You're going to feel a vibration if more than 13lbs, I still have two that are 14 and 16lbs off. I love the car, but shouldn't have to buy 4 new tires to enjoy driving it faster than 60mph.

And the tires are supposed to be TPC rated which is probably as much a GM scam as Dexos approved oil.

I'd look at some of the Michelin tires that are supposed to help save fuel and give good road noise performance if I were ready to replace anything right now. Thankfully all four of my stock tires seem to be decent enough aside for desire to hydroplane. And of course looking at Tirerack shows not a single Michelin in anything near our sizes. Step up to a 205/50 r15 is pretty close to the same rolling size.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

I've had good luck with Continental, General, and Michelin tires in the past. I've seen Firestone and Continental tires in this size. I've had these Integrity tires on a minivan once, let's say within 4 days I had Michelins on it, same balance problems as I'm having now, and this was twelve years ago. Others who are not having problems are lucky.

I've had good luck with Continental, General, and Michelin tires in the past. I've seen Firestone and Continental tires in this size. I've had these Integrity tires on a minivan once, let's say within 4 days I had Michelins on it, same balance problems as I'm having now, and this was twelve years ago. Others who are not having problems are lucky.