What is your favorite spark feature?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Onstar, Satellite radio, pretty much everything, a lot of features for the money. The mylink radio has bluetooth, and auxiliary in. I would have liked some body moulding down the side to protect the f

Maybe I'm not using the correct term for it but its the feature that lets you tap your turn signal either left or right and it blinks the signal 3 times so you don't have to hold it for lane changes.

I use the wheel controls with Mylink.

It drives down the road without me worrying about the front end coming apart resulting in a horrible crash.

The heater works reasonable well.

It's not all rusty.

And it is a proper shade of red.

What I don't like:

I can not believe in this day and age that even the base model does not have bluetooth streaming audio input.

I wish the side airbags were in the pillars not the seat, I think I need to get a new seat since my lower back has been hurting since shortly after buying the Spark. It is really the only thing that has changed so the seat may be to blame, with those airbags in the seat my choices are limited to $2000 each Recaro and I don't think I want to go there.

I wish the tachometer and the speedometer were swapped.

And I wish we could program our own accessories into the computers.

I wish the air conditioning compressor didn't run when I turn on the front defroster, all I want is heat to keep the freezing rain from freezing. If I want moisture removeal I'll manually turn on the compressor.

Edited by Greg_E

Onstar, Satellite radio, pretty much everything, a lot of features for the money. The mylink radio has bluetooth, and auxiliary in. I would have liked some body moulding down the side to protect the finish from the supermarket dings. But not at the dealer prices, I will add that on myself, I also miss a temp guage.....

It drives down the road without me worrying about the front end coming apart resulting in a horrible crash
Makes me wonder if your're refering to a previous car you were driving? :unsure:
What I don't like:

I wish the air conditioning compressor didn't run when I turn on the front defroster, all I want is heat to keep the freezing rain from freezing. If I want moisture removal I'll manually turn on the compressor.

Yeah, My cavalier does that. I always thought that was weird. My mother has a 2010 VW Jetta that has the compressor come on with the defrost as well, but you can push the AC button and turn it off.

I drive my cars until they are ready for the crusher, so just before I replace them can be a bit unnerving some days. Hopefully the Spark will give me 10 years and 160,000+ miles before it gets to that point.

I'll have to try and see if pressing the A/C button will turn the compressor off, the Spark has good outlets for the windshield so I would like to be able to use them without killing the engine power and sucking up gasoline on days where I want to thaw the windows.

Edited by Greg_E
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I wish it had a temp gauge too. I thought it was odd that it didn't have one.

idk what model you have, but my LT has a temp gauge. Its on the Mylink screen thing. If the screens off, then it will display with the time and all that other junk, and if its on, it will display somewhere near the middle of the top of the screen.

idk what model you have, but my LT has a temp gauge. Its on the Mylink screen thing. If the screens off, then it will display with the time and all that other junk, and if its on, it will display somewhere near the middle of the top of the screen.

Really? I will have to check this out, I've never had my screen off when driving to see if anything is displayed. And I haven't see it on the top center when the screen is on.

I think you're referring to the outside temp. While this thread was referring to the engine coolant temp.

• 1 month later...
Maybe I'm not using the correct term for it but its the feature that lets you tap your turn signal either left or right and it blinks the signal 3 times so you don't have to hold it for lane changes. I find it extremely useful!!

Hey! Sounds great! Thanks for explaining. :)

Maybe I'm not using the correct term for it but its the feature that lets you tap your turn signal either left or right and it blinks the signal 3 times so you don't have to hold it for lane changes. I find it extremely useful!!

That's an awesome feature, until I'm driving the other vehicle... lol :shift: