I have a 2016 Electric Spark which performs terribly going over speed humps or through rain drainage gutters.  Is there anything I can do to the suspension to help this?  The only way I have found so far to improve the situation is to lean forward in the seat when I am about to go over the bump/depression.  That really works, but I'd rather solve the problem in a less burdensome way..

Swerve around them :lol: Jk. I'm just messing around. I have seen a few posts on here where they have modified the suspension but it seems like it is a somewhat custom job or fairly expensive. It might seem silly but tire quality and air pressure might also play a role' just something to consider 

Edited by LittleBlue!
  • 1 month later...

Invest in a set of lighter weight 14" wheels and stock diameter tires. This will give you more sidewall cushion for better ride quality. Lighter weight wheel and tire packages not only improve power to the ground, but also allows the suspension to be more effective as the struts have less weight to control, which equals better handling.

On 10/16/2019 at 5:46 PM, stevelah said:

I have a 2016 Electric Spark which performs terribly going over speed humps or through rain drainage gutters.  Is there anything I can do to the suspension to help this?  The only way I have found so far to improve the situation is to lean forward in the seat when I am about to go over the bump/depression.  That really works, but I'd rather solve the problem in a less burdensome way..

What kind of tires do you have, dimensions?

In my case on my 2011 spark stock ones are 155/70/14 or 165/65/14 and the car was also very bumpy, very hard on suspension, but since I placed 175/65/14 I ride like a king, it's very smooth and no problems. Also depends on tire's brand..