Steering wheel cover / horn pad removal non-airbag

I want to wrap/paint the small plastic part on steering and want to check for possibility to route wire for steering remote (diy one) for my Sony stereo.

As normally that era all siblings got airbags as standard across globe so all video on YouTube are showing how to deal with airbag. BUT mine is not having airbag and it's just a cover. I tried to pull it after looking the inside pic but no results.

Anyone across forum have non-airbag variant and tried separating steering cover, please guide me.

All I can peep from gap between, is all 4 poles are having metal contact for horn. Similar to airbag version, there are slot at bottom of steering wheel, but it's not working that way.

Pic of cover.

Screenshot_20190718-174002.png

Screenshot_20190812-003340~2.png

I guess there could be much different due to the big airbag assembly. As I could peep inside the cover and wheel, I have seen 4 metal contact at those 4 post but as I have seen in YouTube video for volt or sonic it's totally different.

Anyway, I am not loosing hope and will do some trial and error. At last if nothing happens, I will try to get info from nearby garage or Chevy service centre as next month I am taking it for annual service.

Finally, got success.

I took the 6 screws holding the v shape cover on steering. Tried pulling that slowly. Then stuck as I was not able to pull the top cover. The 4 plastic poles felt as one time fitting in the metal frame. I used the dashboard prying tool (fork shape) to press the poles so these can come out. Again 2 were easy and rest two I took chance to pull forcefully.

In short I had to just pull those 4 places. Instead of all jugglery.

Inside I feel this is most simple, old school type steering wheel with top & bottom cover. Just 1 wire was going through the wheel to spring coil.

Although, I didn't got final result as I was looking way to route a wire to make diy remote for my Sony unit. But yup, it's a great learning for me.

I have seen some clock spring online but I stopped here as I am neither good for removing steering wheel, nor I have help at hand with guidance.

If someone who have non-airbag wheel and want more pics of metal frame, I will upload.

IMG_20190817_184138206.jpg

IMG_20190817_184203050.jpg