I had a duplicate listing so, I figured I'd just like to get the word out that several of the LED lights on the market make considerable static noise on your radio when on the FM band. Some of you wouldn't care since Android Auto and Apple carplay exist, but its just a heads up. Fan cooled or fanless seem to do the same thing.  There are also some new RGB Bluetooth LED headlights out for around $75. Not sure yet if those interfere but, most likely its the same issue. Any advice would be welcomed.

Edited by thismarks

You should buy an LED bulb with a filter behind them.

Mine are brilliant quality and a good brand but cause an FM station hiss.

I'm a Spotify boy so doesn't worry me but I have had car checked to ensure they aren't causing issues and they aren't.

You can use Ferrite filter put on the cables to bulb. They help but you need a few!

https://betterautomotivelighting.com/2014/12/31/how-to-remove-radio-interference-using-ferrite-coils-for-hid-and-led-headlights/

Edited by graysono
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I solved the issue after getting a bit annoyed by a loose connection to my drivers side headlight. I completely cut the stock connectors off and soldered in anti-flicker harnesses. Stopped the radio noise and it gave me about 8" more wire to plug and unplug new headlights with ease.

Screenshot_2019-08-27-08-21-43-900_com.ebay.mobile.png