I have a 2013 Spark - bought it used 4 years ago.  113000 miles and going strong!  Drove it all the way from Maine to TX.  It has always had a finicky trunk latch.  It won't catch when it is closed so I have to give the handle a nudge for it to latch.  A couple of days ago I wasn't able to open it - and I still can't.  This has happened on occasion where it wouldn't unlatch, but now it doesn't seem to be correcting itself.  Searching online it seems this is a common problem, and some people say there is a recall, but I can't find any more information.  I called the dealership here and they were no help at all - didn't even look it up, just said that they haven't seen any other than those who needed an oil change.  Any info would be helpful.  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like chevy designed a way to sell trunk handles for the spark just like door latches fortheir work vans. "Lets put a plastic piece that wears out super fast, and can only be sold with a new handle!" I lost count of how many times i have locked myself out of the back of my work van because of the pastic cable retainer breaking.