Hey, i have a 2010 Chevy Spark and i was wonderin if i could have the turn signal lever for a newer version with the AUTO headlights. Because from my understanding my car has already the light sensor in the dash, so a simple change of the lever would be enought ? I will leave the images of the levers i am talking about.

s-l500.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Most features need to be enabled in the bcm to work, so just having a switch doesnt really add the function to your car if the computer doesn't know it exists. 

It is a trial and error thing, assuming all components are in place and the computer already has the function enabled then adding the switch would make it work. But if the function isnt enabled then you would have to find a dealer or shop that can enable it in your car, and most places are not very willing to do so due to the risk of turning your cars computer into a paperweight. 

2 hours ago, Mr.tozzi said:

Most features need to be enabled in the bcm to work, so just having a switch doesnt really add the function to your car if the computer doesn't know it exists. 

It is a trial and error thing, assuming all components are in place and the computer already has the function enabled then adding the switch would make it work. But if the function isnt enabled then you would have to find a dealer or shop that can enable it in your car, and most places are not very willing to do so due to the risk of turning your cars computer into a paperweight. 

Oh i see, thank you. I don't see why would they put the light sensor on this model then