UK member questions

Hi

I've just signed up as I'm thinking of purchasing a 2011 1.0 Chevy spark in the UK.

There doesn't seem to be any UK forums for this car which is making me hesitant in buying a Spark.

Is the US model mechanically the same as the UK?

Is there a workshop manual that would cover the UK version?

Is it a reliable car?

Thanks

• 2 months later...
On 6/13/2019 at 5:26 AM, IA76 said:

Hi

I've just signed up as I'm thinking of purchasing a 2011 1.0 Chevy spark in the UK.

There doesn't seem to be any UK forums for this car which is making me hesitant in buying a Spark.

Is the US model mechanically the same as the UK?

Is there a workshop manual that would cover the UK version?

Is it a reliable car?

Thanks

In the US we only got the spark for the 2013 model year and forward with the 1.2l s-tech engine from 13-15,  and a remodel for the 2016 model with the 1.4 ecotec n/a.

The early 1.2s had pcv issues that were solved by a recall, the 13-15 has a problem witb the coolant reservoir which cracks at one of the fittings and some of the cvt cars seem to have problems with the transmission operating smoothly, (which in my opinion most of those are just picky drivers comming from more expensive vehicles)

I owned my 2014 for 3 years, bought it used and it was a dealership loaner car before i owned it.

Only repairs done were ac recharge on warranty, 1 ac flap cable under warranty, coolant reservoir cracked, and one battery.

I traded for a ford fiesta because I disliked driving automatic cars and i needed the trunk space.