Thousands of 2014 Chevy Sparks across the country have had blown engines and blown Transmissions we need a class action lawsuit the 2014 Chevy Spark is a lemon.  My 2014 Chevy Spark was purchase February 13 2015.

In 2016 Engine Blew

Now 2019 My Transmission blew

Across the country 1000's of Chevy Sparks have had THE SAME FAILURES

LAWYER NEEDED.

How much of that was taken care of under warranty? What was your out of pocket? Do you have solid numbers or are you just pulling numbers from what you read. Things fail. It happens to all cars. Other then quirkiness from the trans my 2014 was trouble free. I traded it in with 85,000 miles on it. 

What is it with people wanting to sue. Do you really think you would get anything out of it? The only people who get anything is the lawyers. 

7 hours ago, Ray Dockrey said:

How much of that was taken care of under warranty? What was your out of pocket? Do you have solid numbers or are you just pulling numbers from what you read. Things fail. It happens to all cars. Other then quirkiness from the trans my 2014 was trouble free. I traded it in with 85,000 miles on it. 

What is it with people wanting to sue. Do you really think you would get anything out of it? The only people who get anything is the lawyers. 

Lawyer here :). Active license but I switched to compliance after I realized I hated most of what I saw as a practicing attorney (it just wasn't for me). Not sure what OPs claims would be specifically or what they would be based on but I love my 2014. No complaints here. Sorry to hear about your troubles Chuck, I hope you find a positive result in whatever recourse you pursue. I'd be curious to hear more about what caused the issue and the routine maintenance. If you do pursue this legally, I anticipate those questions will come up.

• 8 months later...

I’ve had issues with my transmission. I’ve had all recall work done. It is very sluggish at takeoff and trying to pass like the engine is disengaged it something. I was wanting to sell it. The Spark only has 45,400 miles on it. Taking to dealer tomorrow before I get stranded somewhere. Never had this many issues with old vehicle. Chevy is definitely keeping this on the DL. They should recall the 2014 cvt’s that even slightly does what this suggest. Always liked Chevy until this car. How many people have ever hit 200k without power train problems?

EC75892B-2397-43CC-92D7-AAC89AF20039.jpeg

Actually if you have this condition you will know it. When I had my 2014 the first software update caused this issue. When under acceleration or if you happen to catch it between shifts it would cause it to shift hard. When this happened the steel belt would slip. When it did it caused a serious vibration and you could hear it. About two months later a letter was sent out about doing a reprogram to fix driving issues with the transmission. The software did help with the slipping but on occasion it would still do it. 

The transmission just wasn't that great as Nissan used it too and they had a terrible time with it also. Actually the transmission was made by Jatco which is a subsidiary of Nissan. I guess they worked the bugs out of it as it is still being used in the Spark to this day. I had 90,000 miles on mine when I traded it in and it was still going strong.