Greetings All,

Well, It's been 6 months since purchasing my 2019 Spark LT.  Thought I'd share some great news (in my book).

In this forum I read that for the best miles per gallon rating, one should use 85 octane after breaking in the

engine @2,000 miles or so.  Well, that I did and following is my record for the last 4 fill-ups plur the current

stats.

04-01-19:   45.1 ave. mpg @ 3,314 total miles  (This was my first tank of 85 octane)

04-19-19    47.4 ave. mpg @ 3,630 total miles

05-07-19    47.8 ave. mpg @ 4,021 total miles

05-25-19    46.6 ave. mpg @ 4,359 total miles (Chevy service crew brought the average WAY down)

06-02-19    48.0 ave. mpg @ 4,552 total miles (As it sits right now in my driveway)

And about the service, I kept hearing a small "clanking" noise from the rear passenger side.  Of course, whenever

I brought it in, (3 times) we were unable to get the noise back.  So I recorded the noise with a little digital unit

and the 4th time I brought the Spark in, I just played the recorded "clank".  In 15 minutes, they found the spare

tire was not firmly firmly seated.  They corrected same, and I have had no repeat.

• 4 weeks later...