Nightowl707

swapping
Parts swapping between years

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm new to this forum and have recently gotten myself a 2014 LT1 and was wanting to change some parts on it to make it a little bit more aggressive in the looks department. I have found a few of the parts that I am wanting to swap in my year but one of the parts I want is for a newer model. The question I have is will the lower facia off of a 2016 Sparks rear bumper fit my 2014? For those who dont know what part I am referring to it is the piece that goes in the cutout on the bottom of the rear bumper (usually a black plastic). Mine is smooth the entire way down the piece and I found one for the 2016 that is diffused and would love to put it on, but I dont know if it would fit and dont want to spend 300 bucks after shipping if it won't work. If anyone has swapped parts from different years like that I would like to hear what did and didn't work for you. Also if anyone has any tips on where to find information on building the engine with a CVT for track use that would be also appreciated.

Anything 2016 and up will not fit your spark. The Spark was a complete redesign for 2016 and nothing is compatible with the 13, 14, and 15's.

Okay. Thanks for the answer.

Posted (edited)

The suspension ( struts and front/ rear springs can be swapped ) I have two sets of suspension parts. 2013 and 2017. 

Edited by thismarks