Hello,

I just purchased a 2019 spark and so far so good. I just retired and did not have much money to spend but did not trust a used vehicle. After a $2000 rebate and $4000 offered for my trade. The car cost me $8900 dollars.

My only concern was limited driver legroom. I am 6 foot 1 and wanted the seat to go back more. After giving the problem some thought I fabricated some seat extender rails from steel bars.

After installing the rails and placing the seat back in the car. I was pleased to see the seat moved back over 3 inches. Now I have all the room I need.

Just wanted to share this with other members in this forum. Hope someone will find this info useful.

Bruce

• 3 weeks later...

I am guessing you won't have a passenger with any legs in the seat behind you.:lol:.

I too am the opposite of the usual demographic, 66 yo male bought the car initially because it fit in the back of my toyhauler. I no longer have that requirement, I just like the car, it's economy, comfort and stability, for a small car. I intend to have it for a long time.

• 1 month later...

I may have to pay you some royalties for the use of your patent.  I am 6' and about 250lbs and I am going to look at a ls manual tomorrow.  I bought my f350 for pulling my camper but between the high price of diesel and the fact that at best I can milk 20mpg out of it, I need a cheap beater and the only thing I had seen that you can get under $10k is this car but I was very worried about fitting.  A pic of your adaptors would be appreciated.