AC has a leak, when i recharged I heard a hissing sound and it stopped working again within a couple of days.

When i first got the car the AC wasnt working, I thought maybe it was just low on coolant I got it recharged and after a couple of days when I turned the AC on, it made a hissing sound and eventually stopped blowing cold again. Is this a common issue? I could hear the hissing from inside the cabin, do you think theres a leak in the line or could it be a compressor?

I have a UV torch but I don't really even know where the compressor/condensor is in the car to check for a leak. Does an AC repair run a lot of money?

AC repair can be very costly. Probably one of the reasons they got rid of the car instead of fixing it. If the leak is inside then it could be the evaporator or the lines going to it. Usually that means a complete tear down of the dash. Did you smell or see refrigerant or oil? 

I couldn't smell anything, I could just hear a hissing sound. It didn't happen as soon as I got it recharged it worked fine for like 2 days but the hissing was a couple of days afterwards, which was strange.

Edited by cimera