New member, 2017 audio project

Hey guys my name is Chris. New to the forum and have been lurking for a while. I have a 2017 spark LS. Been stalking the audio section looking for a solution to the crappy factory audio. I have added a set of Orion Cobalt components in the front doors. Going to be adding an amp and a 10 or 12" sub in the left rear probably custom MDF/fiberglass when I do. 

I'd prefer to not us a LOC because I have a 2nd set of Orion components to add to the rear. I was initially going to do a 5ch amp but think the sound would be horrible taking 1 2ch LOC and using RCA splitters to get signal for 5 channels.  So now I'm looking to find an aftermarket deck that will fit our dash since there is no dash kit for 2017+.  I'm not concerned about wiring a deck into the factory wiring I'm OK with splicing it into the factory harness so I can have RCA outs and better sound. What decks are you guys using in 2017+?

My end goal is 4 - 6.5 components and a sub figure the easiest solution with good sound quality would be aftermarket deck and then add the sub and mono amp.  What are you 2017+ owner's using for better sound? I can't imagine the stock deck can get loud enough with just 1 pair of components and then using a LOC for a mono amp. I think the sub would drown out the rest of the audio. Attached pics of the tweeter location I chose for the component set. Made my own speaker bezel from MDF for the doors to clear mounting depth. I live in the desert so very little rain to warp them.IMG_20190520_120418.jpgIMG_20190520_120404.jpg

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...